Finger wound
Hi my husband recently got his hand caught in the alternator belt of a car. The inside of two of his fingers (middle and index) of his left hand was burnt from the rubber belt running over them, but not straight to the bone. The top of the fingers were cut on the pulley but are healing okay. The problem is the burns are not healing and he cannot make a fist. The middle finger is not closing in and the top of it is bent inward. He gets some shocking pains through the fingers sometimes as well. There is no swelling and it doesn't seem to be infected, the bones are not broken either. On the burnt part of the fingers the wound is hard and cracks if he moves it too much and bleeds. We were given a splint by the doctor and he said it will heal well but the way the cuts are healing he wont be able to close his finger without the skin tearing open again. Do you have any suggestions? I hope you do, we are running out of patience and loosing hope. He is  left handed by the way. Is there something..anything we can do to make this heal properly, so he can get back movement in his fingers. Thank you.
Hi, Thank you for your question. A wound in such place (due to movement of fingers) tends to have delayed healing as finger is a part of body which is always active. Still non-healing of a wound for more than a month is obviously a matter of concern. This type of non-healing can also indicate lack of immunity in due to diabetes or other immune related problems. I would advise you to consult his treating doctor again who may put stitches to promote healing and get your kids blood tested to rule out any thing unwanted. Hope this helps.