Neurology Community
Fingers & Toes
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Fingers & Toes

I have been having weird neurological symptoms since 2002, beginning with charley horse like pains in my foot and legs, footdrop, balance & coordination problems, dizziness, vibrations, stuttering, left-sided weakness and ongoing chronic pain.  The tingling and pins and needles sensations wake me up and interfere with my sleep.  The left leg is tight and I have nerve pain in my feet, legs, hands.  The worse feeling is when it feels like my fingertips are being squeezed in a vice, or somebody is painfully scraping underneath them.  Looking back over the years, I see now where I had several instances of foot pain and not being able to walk for a couple of weeks because of the severe pain.  MS does run in my family but grandaunts, cousins.  Pernicious Anemia is also in my family, but they tell me my levels are normal, but I take it orally and receive an injection once a month.  I still don't know what I have but they first thought it was an Upper Motor Neuron disorder. All I know is what it isn't, that being ALS or Parkinsons.  They also checked for Lyme and it was negative.  I had flu like symptoms in the summer of 2002, followed by a rash and high fever. After that the neurological symptoms became worse.  I have hypersensitive knee reflexes.  The symptoms always are worse at night beginning around six in the evening.  I never stuttered or stammered before this undiagnosed disorder.  I am female, age 60 and took early retirement as my central nervous system was so out of whack. I have a hypersensitive nervous system and do not do well outside my calm environment.  Just wondering if anybody else experiences these weird feelings to their hands and fingers.  I have two large bunions, but they aren't painful, but my hands are numb and stiff.  The cold, damp weather aggravates my symptoms.