Flutter in the ear
What could be causes of fluttering in the ear?
...outside of earwax.....it could be u r hearing the spinal fluid......do u have thyroid issues?......do u have other symptoms?
most of us here r like u-not experts, but sharing our experiences...it may help to add a bit more info.....the drs do at times log on and answer some of the questions.

Good luck
Godspeed
"selma"
I have had the annoying ear fluttering for many years, and my regular doctors have  been clueless. Finally I may go to an ENT, but I did some research on line and found this:

http://www.emedicine.com/ent/TOPIC235.HTM

My fluttering seems to be a type of muscular tinnitus, perhaps caused by deterioration of some nerves in the area after some type of injury and/or muscle spasm.  

What to do? I'm going to try taking Niacin which is a known blood vessel dialator, and Ginko which has similar effects. There is also accupuncture, which can relieve some types of spasms, but it can also create spasms.  In addition to the Niacin and Ginko, I think I'm going to try some yoga poses standing on my head, which engage and strengthen the neck muscles near the ear. (I know it sounds strange, but many people are realizing the health benefits of yoga poses, especially those where the heart is positioned higher than the head.)

One site I read said that surgery to cut a certain tendon near the ear was the way to relieve the fluttering, but this sounds pretty extreme. I'm going to try the natural route!

I would not pretend to know what the problem is but I do have a few suggestions. There is a nerve that may be irratated and sometimes causes Bell's palsy - stroke like symptoms on that side of the face. easyily treated with antibiotics. THe Doc usually taps along that nerve to illicit the response they are looking for. Also the TMJ temporal mandibular joint can cause problems. usually corrected with a mouth piece.
Hope gives ya a few places to look for relief

Robert