Grinding noise in head
I have had a grinding noise in my head for about a month.  It started in the back and sides of my neck now it is has moved to my temples as well.  It is pretty much consistant. I could first feel it only when I moveded my neck. Now even when I move my eyes I can hear it. There is no pain. It feels like sand in my head and neck.
I have a grinding / crunching noise as well -- at the base of the skull and in the side of the neck, too, when I turn it left or right.  It's either the bones rubbing together - lack of cartllage or the ligaments are too weak.  My neck also feels extremely stiff along the spine and my head/neck feels slightly heavy until my muscles spasm and provide enough "tension" to stabilize my head.  Head heaviness causes me to feel slightly out of it, dizzy and I'm starting to get severely depressed.  This all started after a whiplash injury (in June) and I had a whole slew of symptoms including the neck stiffness which was starting to get better but then someone did showed me some "strenghtening" exercises on my neck and made it worse again.  Now, it's not just stiff but pain at base of skull and the weak/heavy head feeling.

I'm going to a neurosurgeon, soon, just to make sure I don't have any major issues with my vertebra, hopefully a physiotherapist will be able to help me as I can't imagine living the rest of my life like this.    I've looked into prolotherapy but that's my last resort if nothing else works as it's more alternative treatment and there are still risks.   I can function just not how I used to.  I'm only 30 and I know some people are worse off than me, but it doesn't make day-to-day living any easier.    

Luckily you have no pain but I would still see a Dr to rule out anything serious.
I have the same symptoms for 4 months now... have you find a way to treat your condition????? please respond!!
my both produse grinding noice, during walk, up and down stairs.

my age is 23 year
height 6 feet 3 inch
weight 107kg

give me solution by mailing

thanks
hello. I have been experiencing a funny noise in my head for about a year now. It's like an electrical noice that only I hear. It happens alot each day. What should I do
have u been to a dr yet?...if not set up an appointment to see either a neurosurgeon or neurologist.

keep us posted.

Good luck
Godspeed
"selma"
i also have neck grinding/rice crispy noise and thats exactly how i explained it to my doctor. He perscribed muslce relaxers and that didnt help. I have been seeing a chiropractor for about 3 weeks with some good results but my neck still pops and clunks at the base of my skull. No pain yet but i dont want it to get that far. Im 25 and have not had any severe neck trauma. Just went to an orthopedic doctor and was told to take anti-inflamatory meds with physical therapy and come back in six weeks for a MRI if nothing gets better. I am also very interested in any solutions that people may have found because this is getting very depressing.
I just got this today it is an odd feeling it sounds like and electrixal current out of whack and it ihas continuing and  it makes me me feel sluggish! No pain other than migrane but un nerving
I have this sound accompanied with toothache.. I went for CT Scan but everything normal.. I went to dentist and found out I have oral infection which affect the nerve .. I went for tooth extraction anD grinding sound disappeared .. You may go for dentist have a check up ..