Hand Tingling, Cramping
My hands have been tingling quite frequently.  When I drive it gets significantly worse.  I drove and hour and when I got out of the car my fingers were twitching like crazy.  Then, the following day I drove back home (another hour drive).  My hands were buzzing terrible and my fingers were twitching again.  I got a heavy duffel bag out of the car and threw it over my right shoulder.  I was not holding anything in my hand, yet immediately my right hand cramped up and my fingers curled in like a claw.  I got not move my hand, it was paralyzed.  Once I let the bag down my fingers opened back up and I could move them again.  I don't think it's carpal tunnel, although I do type all day long and my hands get tired, but I having tingling in my pinky finger.  Could this be ALS or Parkinsons?

'Abnormal nerve sensations such as pins-and-needles, tingling, burning, prickling or similar feelings are all known as "paresthesias". Some cases are severe enough to be considered painful. Paresthesias usually result from nerve damage due to pressure, entrapment, or nerve diseases. Continued nerve damage can lead to finger numbness and permanent loss of feeling. Any abnormal sensation needs medical investigation.

Distinction as to which fingers are tingling is important to diagnosis. The main fingers are more likely to be affected by conditions such as carpal tunnel syndrome. The 4th and 5th fingers are affected by the ulnar nerve, which can be interrupted by pressure at the elbow or the chest area (e.g. thoracid outlet syndrome).

Parethesias in the hands and fingers can also be caused by broader diseases such as peripheral neuropathy (more common in the feet but hands can be affected) and various others. Correct diagnosis of the causes of finger paresthesias is important and treatment can often reverse the damage. '

You could read more about this at the following link -
http://www.cureresearch.com/sym/tingling_fingers.htm#possible

Consult your doctor to find out the cause in your case.

Let us know if you need any other information.

Regards.