Neurology Community
Head pain/twinges....

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Head pain/twinges....

Does anyone have these?  It's these little twinges of pain in a certain part of my head every now and then.  It's not severe, but annoying and feels kind of crampy/tingly (if that makes sense).  It's kind of hard to describe.  My muscles in my neck, back and shoulers have been really tight for the past 2 weeks.  When I stretch, I can just feel the knots there.  This pain/twinge just started happening yesterday (after hearing about a physical therapist's wife falling critically ill of a brain hemorhage a few days ago).  My head gets these weird pressures/tightness throughout the day and now these new twinges of pain have made my mind go to the worst case scenario.  It's mainly on the left side of my head and I had a little twinge above my left eye earlier. My scalp is also kind of sore in certain spots. I do suffer from chronic sinusitis so I'm wondering if that could be contributing to this.  Does anyone else get weird twinges of head pain or should I be concerned?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
The symptoms could be related to sinusitis . Tightness and pressure in the head and the eye  and muscle aches and stiffness are associated with sinusitis .The symptoms are aggravated by the anxiety that you must be having after hearing of an unpleasant news . But there could be a brain or neck pathology causing the muscle stiffness, pain and tingling in the head which needs to be ruled out . Please go for an MRI of the brain and spine and consult a neurologist for the diagnosis and  treatment . Hope this helps you . Take care and regards !