Headache when standing up
I have been experiencing a sharp, pounding headache on the top right side of my head when I stand up. It tends to go away after I have been standing up for a few minutes. I have been diagnosed in the past with cluster migraines. My blood pressure is great, I have recently lost 65 pounds and feel wonderful. Last week I had a headache off and on for two weeks & nothing I took seemed to help. I noticed the headache coming after I had a deep tissue massage on our vacation. That was over two weeks ago. Any advise would be appreciated.

Thank you
Leah W
Have you checked with a chiropractor? I had a VERY bad headache and nausea that only came on when I sat or stood up - it would go away when I lay down. It started at the base of my head and then radiated up the right side of my head to across my eye. My ear was also blocked. I did not experience dizzyness.
I checked with my doctor who didn't know what was going on, I had a CT scan that showed that there was nothing wrong. The next step was a lumbar puncture :-(
But...then I went to my chiropractor who said that my C2 was out and that the muscles in my neck were swollen and possibly pressing on my carotoid artery and affecting the blood pressure regulation to my brain. He adjusted by neck a few times and massaged my neck muscles and now after 3 weeks of treatment and rest I no longer have headaches.