Hemiplegic migraine or cyst on brain
2 yrs ago I had my wisdom teeth removed and become very ill after. I had sever migraines to the point I cold not take light or sound. Then my right leg become weak. They admitted me to hospital and ran tests ( MRI, lumber puncture) but they come back negative. I was then reffered to a neurologist who said he thought it was hemipligic migraine. from there on that is what he said  he thought i had. during attacks which lasts anything from day to a month, my right arm is weak and drop things, my migraines are very bad, my right leg is weak and sometimes unable to walk, I am unable to have a conversaton as I cannot think of the words to use, I put things in the wrong place and latter when i find them dont put them back, I get pain in my temple, sleepy, but the more upset I get the worse the attack. stress being the main factor. Also 3 Yrs ago I developed night vision problems which the doctors couldnt find out why.
Now I just got sent a copy of a letter from my neurophyciatrist saying I have insignificant arachnoid cyst anterior parasagittal region. they found out in MRI two yrs ago, never told me. Is this the reason of my problems and not hemipligic migraine?
Arachnoid cysts are normally asymptomatic unless they are very big in size . Since you mentioned  that the letter says the cyst is insignificant , the symptoms may not be due to the cyst .Moreover your symtoms are more of the nature of those due to the hemiplagic migraines . Treatment may include: Preventive medications- an anticonvulsant medication or calcium channel blocker to help reduce the number and severity of future attacks. ,Acute medications -treatment for severe attacks may include intravenous valproic acid or magnesium sulfate. Please consult your neurologist if  your symptoms are really bothering you and ask him to change the treatment . For more information on Hemiplagic migraine , please visit - http://www.webmd.com/migraines-headaches/hemiplegic-migraine-headaches-symptoms-causes-treatments?page=2.  Hope this helps you . Take care and regards !