Neurology Community
Hip locks up (where I can't move
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hip locks up (where I can't move

I have these reoccurring episodes where my hip locks up on me, I am unable to move at all. As I age the episodes tend to get more frequent. There is not one thing specific that makes it happen. I could be getting out of a chair, I could be walking, or just taking a shower. I have had xrays done (that show nothing) I have had MRI done (that show some discs degeneration) but this is in my hips not my back. The pain is severe and the only thing that seems to help is rest.
Tags: hip
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi there. The causes of hip lock and popping could be many including subluxation of hip due to shallow hip socket, acetabular labrum tear, systemic arthritis like psoriasis, other arthritis or bony spurs, or structural abnormality in the joint. You need to consult an orthopaedician surgeon to investigate in detail and an Xray of the affected hip joint. Certain conditions could be managed with injections, arthroscopic repair and reconstruction. Hope this helps. Take care.

Blank
620923_tn?1416285879

Hi...have u been checked for a condition called Ehlers-Danlos or Hypermobility joint syndrome...the 2 r very similar and could be ur issue...do ask ur Dr if ur MRI's and x-rays continue to show nothing of interest.

Good luck

"selma"
Blank
my hips only locks up when im sitting down or if i move my leg a certain way...it keeps me from moving period!! and its very very painful... i havnt seen a doc but thats bc i dont have insurance :( juss would like to know whats goin on.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank