Neurology Community
Hip pain and numbness in leg

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Hip pain and numbness in leg

I have had a very strang problem for a long time.  For now, my hip hurts alot/and I have numbness and coldness going down my left leg.  But previously for several years, I have had strange muscle (at least they seem like muscle) movements.  This twitching goes on all the time.  Sometimes the movements are huge and they can happen anywhere in my body, but certain areas it is very consistent, one of which has been the left hip and leg.   The twitch  will start out in one place and move up and down from my but to my hip down to my leg and all the way to the knee. Sometimes it takes a day or 2 for it to travel andsometimes hours. But after several years of the twitching it has developed into hip pain and now numbness and tingling and coldness in my leg.  There are more symptoms than this but I'll keep to this for now.  I have no insurance so I cant go to a doctor.  I am really concerned. I'm most concerned about the constant twitching.  It is so strong and big at times that I can watch it as I look at my leg, or arm or where ever it is happening.  It's clearly real. But I'm baffled.   Anyone know what this is?  Desperately seeking answers!