Neurology Community
Horrible pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Horrible pain

I am a 22 year old female. About a week ago i came down with a sinus infection. A few days later i started getting this horrible pain on my back. Seemed as though my skin was literally burning. After it would stop that i would get chill bumps from head to toe. The chill bumps hurt the worst. Felt like each one was a needle coming out of my skin. I checked my temp. numerous times and i never ran a fever. These last for hours of just pain. Nothing makes it stop. Now when it happens it starts in my back and goes to my bottom and the backs of my legs. And even my stomach. I cant stand for anything to touch my skin when it is like this. The lightest touch puts me in tears. It has gotten worse each day so far. And i have been getting these random stabbing/shooting pains in different places. I went to the doctor today and she stated that i had bronchitis. But since there isnt anything on my skin she does not know what it is. If it is still doing it by friday i must go back. It is killing me now. I dont know what to do. Knowing that i will more than likely be in horrible pain for the next two days. Someone please tell me what you think might be going on. PLEASE!!!!
Sounds like something viral and I have had this myself.  I was prescribed a titrating solumedrol/prednisone pack to take along with an anti-viral medication.  You might even need an medication for nerve pain prescribed.  Discuss this with a physician and see what he/she thinks.

This is nerve pain and it will NOT response to the OTC meds such as Advil, Motrin or Tylenol.  
I don't know, but you might want to try Advil.  
i have tried pain killers and that did not stop the pain either.  I went back to the doctor today and actually seen two different doctors. They said they dont think they have ever seen or heard of anything like it