Hydrocephalous
My son is 4 and 1/2 years old and is having severe communicating hydrocephalous by birth.Actually, it was a premature (6 and 1/2 weeks ) parturition due to severe IUGR with flow reversal.It was forcep parturition. My son was on the ventillator for 12 days. After two weeks, USG showed communicating hydrocephalous.Later MRI also diagnosed the same with periventricular leucomalacia. He has gone through moderate pressure shunt surgery also. After some time, Paediatrician found him severely spastic also. Due to spasticity he is not able to sit or band extrimities till date. He is very affraid of exercise on physiotherapy.

Surgery was done one year later of his birth. Before surgery, convulsions was not introduced. But after surgery, convulsions was started and every one or two months later it is repeated. Two or three type of Anti convulsion drugs have been continued from surgery.

Is there further some advice for this case for well being ?