I have become foregetful...is anyone else going through this I;m scared?
Lately I have been foregetting simple things at first I thought it was nothing but on Saturday I was ready to fight to the tea that it was Wensday to the point I wanted to cry because I thought everyone was messing with me. Then yesterday on Sunday I went to go see my uncle in the hospital and I completely forgot where the hospital was I've been to this hospital fifty million times I gave birth to all 4 of my children there its in the heart of downtown Columbus, how could i forget something so simple. Its starting to scare me alot. I've had conversation with people and completely forget that I have talked to them. Something esle is wrong beside just a pituitary tumor or are they related to each other. Somebody, Anybody got an answer?

Scared out of my mind!!!

Ms.Fee
...not sure what ur dx is......that could be a big factor.....people with thyroid, fibro and chiari all have what we call brainfog....and what u describe is common for those dxs.

Good luck
Godspeed
"selma"
Hey there, short term memory loss can be a symptom of the tumor or at least I think it is as I have it as well. And have read too many stories of people with pituitary tumors suffering with it. Me, I started putting things that belong in the fridge into the microwave and would swear it was not me. I actually had to start making lists or completely finishing very small tasks before doing anything else.......For me it comes and goes. I have also gone to places that I knew how to get to and forgotten - not a comfortable feeling. Do you have any other up coming appts?

All the best.
What does those letters mean DX? I dont know they are. My headaches feel like my temples are playing a game of ping pong with the pain as if it tossing it back and forth like right now. Sometime the back side of my head feels fuzzy and numb, sometimes like last night my left side of my head and ear felt like it had pressure in it and then the pain just moved to the very top of my head. Thanks Selma for responding.

Ms. Fee
sorry dx - diagnosis...u r welcome.

Yes I have to go get another MRI on Wensday the 15th. Now I cant stop crying Crwstar....I thought I was loosing my mind!! I was cooking and forgot I was cooking. Its just not like me to forget anything. And you answering my question just made me feel better that I'm not loosing it.

Thanks Crwstar
I have a pituitary tumor. Its causing migrains. and nausea vomiting, forgetfullness, blackouts. The forgetfullness ust started. I'm forgetting the days of the week. or where i'm going and what I'm doing around the house or walking to the store and forget what I even went for. I didn't telling anyone in my family so I wanted to check with everyone here first. I feel like I have new family here that understand what I'm going through and it helps through the real bad days

Ms. Fee
u will always have a place to vent....and someone that will listen.I am glad that Crwstar was able to make u feel less stressed by the forgrtfulness.....I am sure ne thing to do with the brain cause similar symptoms....I have diff remembering as well.....I get the migraines, my blackouts result in falling to the ground...in May '07 when I fell it caused an injury that needed surgery.....this forum is great that we find others that understand and can sympathize.
Godspeed
"selma"
Thanks Selma I appreciate you support as well your response to so quickly was greatly appreciated.
No, you aren't loosing it though I know what that feels like to think you are ;-) People kept telling me it was a sign of getting older and I just had to disagree with them as it can be pretty severe. And I know plenty of older people who have fantastic memories. The thing thats coming up for me is I am having a really hard time spelling and I usually am really good at it. I'm 39 and there's no way that walking into a room 9 times a day and forgetting what I was doing or.....cooking and forgetting that I was doing that is right.....it is unsettling. When it starts to happen I just tell my family and sometimes can laugh at myself and other times its pretty hard to come to terms with. They are a little gentler with me and listen a little better and most importantly I've given up the fight that I may be right in any given situation cause the truth now is I can be wrong ;-)   Quite humbling to say the least. My memory use to be sharp and I could cite just about anything that happened and now I can't trust that and I know it. Again, very humbling....being ill is humbling.......

Selma is right this is a great place to come and vent if need be and there is someone to listen and respond.

You've jump right in and made this your cyber home. Good luck with your MRI and let us know how it turns out.

Peace,
Crwstar
Right!!!! I went to school for a year and 4 months for parlagel and could resight anything you ask me about the law. I could tell you what it meant and how to find it. I been on the computer for 4 hours and I have to keep asking her how to spell words that I know, I know how to spell. When people say to me that its a sign of getting old I get pissed because your right to walk in a room and cant remeber what i went in there for....or forgetting I put the folded towels in frig...or forgetting I turned the tub on to run my grandbaby a bath. They laugh I get pissed and my heart sanks because I cant stand this!! I'm 36 years old I have a very good memory..yelling at my daughter about not asking to go to the store with her friends...and she did ask is hurting my family.

If you could have seen her face when I yelled at her :( she was hurt because I never done that before I apologized but the look in her face was and the pain ...its just something I cant forget. They said we are going to come up with away to help me remeber things and what I'm doing and going if we have to put notes in the truck to help me remeber that I have some place to be..It sounds strange to say I'm doing that
I just posted my own question and now it seems like other people are expierencing what I am. please read my question and tell me if you think I might have a pituitary tumor as well. I am nervous about going to a dr because I don't think they will take me seriously.

sharon
To whomever....

I am scared out of my mind and feel so alone. I have a pituitary tumor that they think is growing . I have I'm the past had an amazing memory to the point I hated it because I could remember almost too much. Now I can't remember much. I have recently been accused if stealing pain pills because I am an addict. I do not recall doing this but it does sound like something I would do. They are calling the cops now on me. I have been forgetting so much lately I am so scared and alone

Beth