Neurology Community
I see lights in peripheral vision

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I see lights in peripheral vision

I am seeing twinkling lights in my upper left periphery of sight, and the left side of my peripheral vision is washed out. It makes me feel disoriented. I hope this is not serious......
I am having the same thing. It looks like some shimmering lights in a form of a "C" occupying at the upper right part of my peripheral vision. It is sort of disturbing because when I look at people's faces and concentrate at the middle of their faces it looks like their upper right side of their faces is sort of distorted. I cannot read properly either because my peripheral vision had a lot to do with my speed reading. Other than that it doesn't bother me at all. No pain, no other disturbances. The interest part is that both eyes is showing the exact same pattern, eyes open or closed, the lights are always there, a little change since I first noticed. It has been already two hours and I am starting to freak out.
I found on another site that it was some sort of migrane (migraine), but I am skeptical. I am 38 y.o. and other than some recent hearth-burn I have not had any other health issue my entire life.  If anyone knows what this optical early forth of july is please let me know.

Thanks for writing in.
It is important to get an eye exam done to rule out glaucoma, and retinitis pigmentosa. This could also be symptom of migraine aura. This requires further evaluation; please get a clinical evaluation done at your earliest.

Thank you Doctor. Those symptoms disappeared a few minutes after I posted. I feel fine now, but I'll keep your advice in mind, if that thing shows up again, I'll run to my doctor.  This is a great site for last-minute input, people like you is what makes this site great. Thank you for taking your time.