Infant suffered from anoxic brain injury from cardiac arrest
My son was 7 wks old when he went into cardiac arrest, and because of it he suffered from an anoxic brain injury, he was without oxygen for 45 minutes while cpr was performed on him.  Despite medical opinions, he lived and is doing seemingly well. He is now 9 months old, and is social, babbles, crawls, but he is very impulsive, rough, and difficult to calm, and can not focus on anything for more then a few seconds at a time. He bites, and screams and is very loud loud beyond his control. I know it's not normal, his twin is nothing like that.  Could this behavior be from his brain injury, and will it only become worse as he gets older?  I'd like to know how to take preventive measures to stay a step ahead.  Once we left the hospital after a few months, we were supposed to get another MRI to show if there's progressed brain damage, we decided against that because they would use anesthesia, which is what we felt caused him to go into cardiac arrest in the first place.  I have no luck with neurologist, because they all suggest an MRI, but I am just scared to do that.  I'd like any input , thank you
Hi!
I know you are concerned about your son. However, as the child grows the need for anesthesia declines. Usually a mild sedative that will help the child lie undisturbed is used.  
So a MRI follow-up should be done.
Other than this, your son could be suffering from attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. A complete neuro-psychiatric assessment may help diagnose this. Please consult his doctor regarding this. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
How long was your son in the hospital for? How long did it take for him to gag, delicated for pupil or cry? Please let me know because my niece is experiencing this issue. Please get in touch with me at ***@****. thanks.