Neurology Community
Inside tremor, earthquake feeling, twitches, pulsating

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I feel that my heartbeat is all over my body....and is beating so strong that when I sit still my body rocks to my heartbeat.

I also have internal tremors and I feel like my heartbeat and the tremors or vibrations are linked to the heartbeat. When my heartbeats I feel an earthquake feeling too when I'm standing still.

I feel like as if someone is shaking my chair or someone is shaking my bed while sleeping. I also have random twitches and muscle spams.

I notice this sensation more when I pause or rest. so this means that the tremor/vibration/beats are occurring 24/7.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
The causes of your symptoms could be Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Anemia, Acid base imbalance, Chemical poisoning, Herbal agent overdose (Ginseng), Multiple sclerosis, Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, Magnesium deficiency or adverse effect of medications. Please consult a physician for complete examination and investigations. Please go for EKG, Holter’s test, MRI of the brain and spine and EMG and nerve conduction studies to help in the diagnosis. Please consult a cardiologist and neurologist for specialist opinion. Hope this helps you. Take care and regards!  
Dear Dr Rajgopal,

thank you very much for all your suggestions... i definitely will give a good examination for each of your inputs.

Respectfully,
Dani
I have these exact same symptoms. I have had an EKG Chest x-rays blood work cat scans and so far nothing. Should i be worried about ms? The doctors stated that all my results came back good.
I, too, have tremors, which are worse when I sleep even more poorly (always have severe sleep problems (have sleep disorders).  I shake worse with each heartbeat, regardless of how I've slept, though.  I have plmd and rls, but looks like somethng else is going on.  Also, hypersensitive to chemicals, so I'm careful with what I eat and use.  Wonder if there are others on this site that have this internal tremor, or, internal buzzing (as if plugged into an electrical socket).  I have this far worse in my left leg.  Been going on for years -never stops.  I believe it was caused by all the meds I took.

Please contact me if you are also going through this.  Thanks.
Also wanted to add that I have constant muscles twitching too.
Hi:

Did you ever find out what is wrong. I have 2 small kids and have exact same symtoms (symptoms) for 4-5 months. No help from Drs and have visited every dr you can think of.... EMG, MRI, blood work all fine ... still buzzing and werid earthquake feeling shaky when I stand...
Have your thyroid checked.
Hi daniiii

I am just curious as to how you are getting along with this symptom, as i have been experiencing this lately. It started from heart palpitations then to just a general strong pulse, then to a pulse that rocks my body slightly and just very recently i have started experiencing the earthquake feeling with my pulse.

It's certainly very hard to describe to a GP, and especially family aswell. People just dont seem to unerstand what I am talking about when i get this.

The way it feels in my body is basically when i get these episoides, it feels like everytime my pulse beats, i can feel a electrifying/earthquakey feeling rushing through my arteries at high speed. sort of like extra adrenaline in the arteries causing this sensation. Sometimes when this happends I will go into panic because i cannot distinguish whether or not my heart is actually beating in a super speed rythim or it isnt. Ofcourse, if i feel my heart, it beats normally but the earthquakey feeling remains.

I've tried to search over the internet about this feeling and i have seriously found NOTHING other than this post which describes what i am going through. It feels like we are the only people in the world going through this so I was
Just wondering how you have been getting on with this symptom? Did it ever subside completely? or just a little bit?
. When my heartbeats I feel an earthquake feeling too when I'm standing still.

I notice this sensation more when I pause or rest. so this means that the tremor/vibration/beats are occurring 24/7. . THIS IS exactly what happens to me. I suffer a lot. Im not sure of the reason, but i remember that this start to happen immediately after an earthquake. Help plzzzz
Oh man do I know what this is like! It's mind baffeling and utterly frightning! It started happening to me about 1 month ago, and it's getting down right obnoxious now. I get it mostly when I'm standing, and am very invovled in something. (Like browsing the internet, which I typically do in my kitchen standing at the bar.) I did start taking a stimulant called Adderall (adderrall) for my type of depression which has been completely resistant to any SSRI's. It's been a miracle med for me, but I think this earthquake feeling is because of it. Mine is only in my legs, and it comes out of nowhere. Living in Southern California I'm pretty used to little tremors here and there, and this feels no different what so ever. I did sign up for the national earthquake tracker because it is that hard to tell the difference between the internal shakes and the earth shakes. I would love to know if anyone else has had this reaction to a stimulant medication, I sure would hate to stop this medicine, it's been a lifesaver and has saved me from my crippiling depression. So glad to have found others that have this, I sure thought I was going crazy! :)
Me too. I have this exact same feeling .and I don't know what to do .it started about a month ago. Could be anxiety,but it is so intense,I get this vibration in left side of my body, muscle twitches, dull headache like some sort of electricity is short-circuiting in my brain, previously ,I had shortness of breath which went away,however this pulsating vibration does not stop. It started around the same time I took Xanax for the first time. Could Xanax cause this? However, I haven't taken Xanax for about 2 weeks now, and this symptom is still present. My mother has parkinsons disease, I am worried this could be the first symptom, or ms, or worse of all als. Please, advice, I want to go see neurologist next, if anyone had this go away please post.
  I found this great post on internet that says that 44% of Parkinsons patients had internal tremor, and I am assuming in a different study 64% of people with anxiety had this. So, I am still hoping that my INTERNAL TREMORS are just anxiety!!!
http://www.parkinsons-information-exchange-network-online.com/parkmail2a/2000c/msg00215.html
Dear everyone,

have you tried smoking marijuana to calm the earthquake feelings? It has high medicinal qualities and may help you to relax.

Anna
my body rocks when i sit on bed in crossed legged position.i feel this with every heart beating.i also have balance disorder problem.specially in darkness.i have anxiety pannic attack. is this a serious problem?
Hi, I 've had these very same problems. It started with waking up in the middle of the night feeling my pulse so strongly all over my body. And for the first few times was so sure thre was an earthquake that i woke up my family as well. Truns out am the only one going thru it and it still happens and sometimes while am just sitting or relaxing too. All the time.
No idea whats going on. I have very mild hyperthyroidism. This happened. This happened to be after going thru 2 - 3 real time earthquakes. I was wondering if it did something to my internal balance or something.
I have the same symptoms But now include with time syncope ( fainting), I have had them for years . I have been to every specialist from neurologist, to internist, to shrinks, to oncologist. Now I have a tingly frontal lobe to add to it as well. Every medical test under the sun has been done with no positive answers . Sorry for the poor typing as you can imagine reading and writing and typing let alone normal everyday activity is difficult for me. I do not have , MS, anxiety, cancer, Parkinson's , Lou Garrison's, my EEG normal, EKG normal, stroke,  or any other strange weird or dysfunctional oddity you can think of.  Thank you I just wanted to get that off my chest. Angel
I've had this for many years now, maybe 10-15.. I lay in bed and I can actually hear the metal frame of my bed clinking against the wall with every heard beat.. I've been to many doctors and all they say is that my blood pressure is "a little high" but not abnormal or dangerous. It's always a point of focus and I'm always aware of my heart beating. Sometimes makes my body rock or shake, like others have said. I've just learned to live with it, practice breathing techniques to try slowing or calming my heart beats. I don't know if it's stress related or what.. But it's good to know I'm not the only one that has this. I also have that "fizzle" draining sensation thing in the base of my skull down my neck that people have reported on other posts. Again, I guess it's just nice to know I'm not crazy..
i'm experiencing the same. I'm 21 yo and i'm scared. A few months ago, i hv bn diagnosed by a gastro dr with gallstones but when i told him abt the shaky feelings i dnt think it has something to do with my gallbladder. I also asked my mom who is a nurse and she told me that it might be my ear. I'm experiencing alot of shakes and it's becoming normal to me. But then, it still bothers me because i don't think it is normal.
I have the same thing too. I'm 24 yrs. old, and I've been having this feeling for almost 3 months now. I was sort of relived when I found this thread. Its sort of an assurance that I'm not going crazy. At first I thought it has just something to do with constant traveling on rough roads. But its somewhat bothering me now. At work I constantly panic, because it feels like my chair is rocking. When I'm sleeping I wake up almost every night, thinking an earthquake just happened. I'm a bit stressed out lately, its somewhat scaring me. I think going mad. With every strong heartbeat, I feel the whole house is moving. Thinking also it has something to do with equilibrium, I had ear infection in the past too. And definitely this is not vertigo, because I don't have that key spinning sensation. I don't have trouble with breathing though, on some instances that associates with my palpitation. I feel pretty OK, just that strong heart beat and earthquake feeling. I really need to see a specialist, but anyone can shed some light here?  
Hello.  So glad I found this post.  I've had these exact sensations for 6 months now, sometimes less, sometimes more, but seem to get much worse during periods of stress.  Have you found it to be stress related?  My bloodwork and EKG came out normal.  Doctors look at me like I'm crazy.  
I'm 43, BTW.  Wondering if it could be hormone related?
that  is so weird because it was after the earthquake when mine started to, I had 3 episodes of it this morning within a 1 1/2 hrs, it just feels like  vibration through my whole body nd then after i seemed to have a heaviness in my chest, no pain just a tightness, and none this ever happened till after the earth quake, the first time it happened i thought  wow i am actually feeling this earth quake,, very weird,   sara
I have these same symptoms. I googled "Earthquake inside of me" in order to find this thread. It just awoke me in the middle of sleep. Oddly, my symptoms began shortly after an earthquake as well. In fact, it was the first eartyhquake I experienced that woke me up in the middle of the night. I thought I was having a heart attack, but it was an earthquake in NY.

After reading I am not alone, I too feel better. I am 29, recently been dx with anxiety. However, physicians frequently dx anxiety because they have failed to find the truesource of your problem. They also do this with gastroenteritis (cant figure out why your stomach hurts).

I will certainly not discount the earthquake cause, especially how several have it. I do also suffer from severe back pain and musclle aches. Also, I smoke cigarettes and drink beer........I have been trying to quit drinking, but it is the only cure temporarily for my back pain, and it allows me to sleep. The smoking of course coexists becuase of the drinking.

If certain it must be a neurological issue. Or maybe the earthquake threw off the rhythm of my heartbeat......who knows? Maybe that is what caused the first apocolypse? LOL
there is a theory that some of you have ESP or extrasensory perception and when the intensity or frequency of the earth's vibrations are altered, your brains start to use different wavelengths because you are tired by the external "noise" and your body is not attuned to the change.

<3 much love,

nuclearnuttery
wow, this is absolutely crazy. i too have recently had this internal earthquake feeling start happening. along with for as long as i can recall i periodically have a heart beat that'll rock my whole body if standing still, periodic muscle twitches, and that "fizzle" thing mentioned earlier... it doesnt happen all of the time, i can control weather or not it happens... in short bursts. longer if i practice. but i've got no clue what it is and if mentioned people swear im on something.

but this earquake thing started about a month ago after oklahoma had its few earthquakes. naturally i didnt say anything because of all of the quakes then when i do say something everyone was like, wait... we havent had a quake in days. meanwhile i argued we'd had a few that day specifically along with most days. lol. granted they dont happen too frequently, but darned sure often enough to be bothersome.

i also have a heart isue where the beat forgets the second peek to "reset" the heart and every once in a great while it causes me to have an episode (simply speaking black out for a minute and come to sweaty and scared) so rarely that the docs can never find anything.

i've had many tests done, heart and otherwise and nothing comes back from anything.... disconcerning
I started having these problems in mid-2010, shortly after moving. Since then, it's happened randomly. At first I thought it was a neighbor's washing machine or dryer causing the problem, since the apartment building I moved into was older. I have moved again recently, this time to a house (where I can't blame the neighbors), and the sensation still randomly occurs.

The bizarre thing about this feeling is that it is entirely external. It's not chills or spasms, which are easy to identify as such. This is either a sensation that is actually coming from the outside world or from an altered *something* (ear maybe, as some have suggested) that sends the signals to my nerves that it's coming from the outside.

It's a mystery. Thanks, all, for posting. I'm glad to know I'm not alone.
this is ridiculous b/c i'm also in tulsa and I have the EXACT same issue.  I never had this feeling or at least never recognized it before we had the earthquakes.  now, like every few days, i will feel the same pulsing feeling and i'll bring up the usgs page to see if there was a quake.  but it's always just inside me!  i'm not too concerned, but it's just weird
Thanks for sharing with that all, it was good to hear that I am not the only one who experience the same. I'm 39,  It started about 4 years ago and it last for  2-4 weeks on and off but lately I experienced it for more then a month and its really enoying me. I remember last time when I had this episodes I tried to be more physicaly active, I started jogging and also attended the gym and did some more stretching and it helped me- it had disapeared for about a year.(to be honest I felt it sometimes during that time but it wasnt so persistent) . I have realised that recently in the last few months I was working under a stress and didnt have time for regular exercises. I feel that my muscules are more stiff now.
I hope it could help ....

God bless you all
Wow!!! I thought it was just me.  I'm 49 and I started having these internal tremors about a week ago.  The set started in my lower back, then it went to my side, and as I'm sitting here now, they are in my left chest area just below my heart.  I have been a little stressed lately, hell, a lot stressed lately, and this may be the cause for me at least.  It mostly happens when I am inactive or barely doing anything.  I haven't noticed the tremors while working out in the  gym. I will pay close attention the next time I work out.
Oh god finally lol, guys I thought I was the only one. Never thought I'd find so many people in one place talking about this, this is amazing. I have all the EXACT symptoms the original poster of this topic has. When I exercise though, I always "hear my heartbeat in my head" and my body pulses so I know exercise brings it on for sure, though it happens most times whether I'm exercising or not. Did countless blood tests, x-rays, ecgs, nothing. They all show up as "you're good to go". If so, why is this happening to me? You guys should know something, the more i worked out, it started to go away. If I'd stop working out for a long time like when I fell sick and was down for almost a year, when I started back to workout the sound of my heart was back in my head. The twitches and stuff still happen though so I'm thinking the heartbeat thing may not necessarily related to the twitches? I dunno. I worked out yesterday and saw my chest literally JUMPING with my heartbeat. My neck too, today my abdomen, this is driving me insane. The internal quakes are THE worst. I almost always think there's an earthquake. This is terrible for me because I live in the Caribbean which is an earthquake zone, it's normal for us to have tremors. I've experienced tremors since birth, I'm 21 now and we've NEVER had a tremor that could be considered something to care about. Every time I THINK there's a quake, it's me, and when there really IS one, I think it's me and ignore it while people are running screaming in the background lol. I'd like to add that if this was happening to me before, I never realized. I can only remember this happening to me after Haiti had it's earthquake, and ever since then it hasn't stopped. It was also "reinforced" after the Japan quake lol. What the heck is it with this thing and earthquakes? It happened twice just two days ago. It freaks me out and makes me vibrate even more than I should at times. Somebody help us please, all of us lol.
hey same problem with me it started after the last real earthquake in 2011. please contact me about how u r coping with this  my address is prisha.***@****
i feel the same earthquake feeling. i suddenly wake in the night due to heart pound and i see things that are not real like ghost wires flower coming toward my face.. do this happen to any of you???
Incredible that so many feel this!

I mostly get the "feels like an earthquake" feeling at night. Last night it happened three times, lasting for about 5 seconds each time. A few months ago it happened 6-7 times in one night, also about 5 seconds each time.

The first time it happened was about 3 months ago, twice in one night, each tremor lasting for 10-20 seconds. As this was the first time, I thought an actual minor earthquake tremor was happening. So much so that, when it stopped, I opened my laptop to see if an earthquake had just happened - both times.

Now, here is the strange thing: the first tremor coincided with an earthquake in the exact location that my best friend was, and the second tremor coincided with an earthquake in the exact location where my mother and grandmother live. Once would be a coincidence - twice has me questioning.

That said, I don't think the other tremors have coincided with anything in particular. But the comment on the ESP made me think I should mention it - though, I fully realize it sounds crazy.

If any one receives a diagnosis on this, that would be helpful. It makes me feel sick, nauseous, and dizzy for the morning after it happens.

It has happened a few times while I am sitting at a table or standing, but not as intense.

It would make sense for me if it is linked to anxiety, as it has only happened in high-anxiety times. Still, it is strange.

I am 26 and otherwise in good health.
I get these symptoms...I think it has to do with a pinched nerve in my cervical spine which causes pressure in my blood, which in turn makes my heart thump from out of nowhere as if I just finished running a marathon. Causes little muscle spasms, twitchin and also a warm feeling all over my body and head. Then when its over I feel winded, exhausted and sleepy/fatigued.I'm goin to get an mri next week to see if it is indeed a pinched nerve in my neck. :,(
I'm 23 and this just happened to me at 4 am. I've probably had anxiety since I was 6 but i've always drowned out my thoughts with a loud fan and leaving my tv on while I'm trying to sleep. I only struggle with this when lying in bed at night. I also sometimes have sleep paralysis and when these earthquake like sensations are happening i cannot move at all. Today I thought maybe I had a seizure this morning because my cat laid by my face while it was happening so she obviously wasn't experiencing an earthquake. haha. I'm not necessarily worried but since the big earthquake in oklahoma I've had two. The one this morning and one the week after I experienced an actual earthquake. I think in my sleep my mind is like "hey remember that one time that was kind of scary when you were trying to sleep?" and then that somehow translates into real sensations in my body. Idk. Either way its weird and thought i would share.
I have had this feeling off and on for years but mostly upon waking it was so intense the first couple times I actually had to ask my room mate if she felt an earthquake who gave me a puzzled look and said no
It does not persist very long usually 5 to 10 seconds on waking but now recently although I haven't had the internal quakes I now have what feels like growing pains especially shins sides of upper thighs and fore arms some heart palpitations and severe continuous gastric and colon pains and cramping      I think it is defiantly nervous system related
Finally, I am finding someone experiencing the same symtoms (symptoms) I am having.  It is scary.  I had this experience three years ago, I believe at that point I got it from taking a nausa patch that I applied to my neck for traveling through the mountains on vacation.  Three days after the patch was gone the symptoms started.

This past week, it is doing it again.  I get very anxious about it, I too feel like my heart is racing and my brain is vibrating, I have been in tears about it.  I too don't notice it so... much when I am moving around.  That's why it's so disturbing when sitting still, laying down, etc....
I can't believe I found this site! I have the same thing...started over 13 years ago in my late 30's.  Living in So. Calif., I woke up one night thinking we were having an earthquake, only to discover my husband sleeping soundly, and realized it was happening in my head.  It got very severe, only happened while sleeping and lasted over a year! I felt like was going to go crazy. I also had this weird buzzy/whooshing feeling that seemed like it went from my heart to my head in rhythm to my heart. I could feel and hear my heart beating.   I went to every doctor imaginable...nobody had any answers. I did finally see a chiropractor...and eventually things settled down. I from time to time get a mild recurrance, usually when I'm really stressed, but it's never been as severe as that year. Recently I've had a bit of it, but have now added a wierd feeling that my heart is quivering instead of beating..it wakes me up.  Going to get a Holter to check it out...but they'll probably not find anything wrong..as usual..
Magnesium deficiency.  SO much of this can be caused by the lack of this mineral. Sounds too simple but it's true.
I've started experiencing the same syntoms this spring after a pain in spine and lefting heavy objects.  It goes away when I don't do heavy lifting and less exercise.  It come back when I lift heavy things and certain workouts.  It feels like electrical shock when I am going to sleep.  Don't know where to start.
I have developed the same thing. Very sensitive to chemicals, my brain feels like it is pulsating inside my head, This started last night and got worse with a rapid rise in blood pressure. My body is still jerking about a lot today. My throat and face and tongue burn all the time too. The burning tongue thing has been going on since I had my gallbladder out. Gastro doctor has no idead, and I'm also a transplant recipient which complicates things too, but they said everything in my bloodwork, ekg and holter monitor were fine.
ey I was reading the thread you posted on  and wanted to reply....
Ive been having the "Earthquake Sensation" for months now... It feels like Im on a boat or somebody is physically shaking the entire structure I am upon!... Ive been getting motion sick lately cause its been ongoing now for weeks.... Getting more severe, very hard to describe but If I were to describe this feeling its like holding a "GRYOSCOPE" almost... My body is getting sucked into this  external vibration of the planet, almost like the magnetism between 2 magnets...Sound about right?

The crazy thing is that when I feel these tremors, Actual earthquakes are coinciding with my timeline ...which is very crazy but Ive done alot of research and this is nothing more than what is called the  natural Higher freqeuncy "Ascension process.."

I am a music producer and Have been involved heavily with SOUND HEALING TECHNIQUES AND DNA ACTIVATION for th past 10 years.... I am Extremely Sensitive to others VIBES and NEgative and positive Vibrations around me...All this said I still  have to keep reminding my self that everything Is the way it is supposed to be and that I am simply alligning with the PLanets Frequency, which Is Rapidly Raising! Please email if you have any questions , would love to chat.
LOVE & LIGHT
-

***@****

I am a music producer and Have been involved heavily with SOUND HEALING TECHNIQUES AND DNA ACTIVATION for the past 10 years.... I am Extremely Sensitive to others VIBES and NEgative and positive Vibrations around me...All this said I still  have to keep reminding my self that everything Is the way it is supposed to be and that I am simply alligning with the PLanets Frequency, which Is Rapidly Raising! Please email if you have any questions , would love to chat.
LOVE & LIGHT
-

***@****
Daniii, Haaa Thats funny, i do know what is going on there!! i had this too, it is simply your astral body trying to separate. Read
Robert Bruce Astral Dynamics, this will put you at ease. Trust me, you have had the doctors check you right! and cannot find anything, thats because its linked to your internal energies. You have somehow aroused your Kundalini, Maybe? Do not dismiss this as hocus pocus, this is real, look into what i have just told you, you will be pleasantly suprised. John,    Always get doctors advice/tests first!
Recently found out that adrenalin has a lot to do with it. In the fight or flight panic response mode that our bodies seem to be constantly in because we just can't turn off the internal switch anymore, we secrete more adrenalin. That helps to evade the threat, to run away from the danger or protect ourselves from the danger. It is primordial, this mechanism, and without it we would not survive...very well.  So, we who suffer from anxiety disorder just seem to be the kind of people who would survive a dangerous situation all the more. Unfortunately for us, we can't turn the stupid thing off. So, now we know two things about ourselves: We won't die from it, in fact quite the contrary, the stupid condition probably would help us survive! Two: The condition is treatable now. Just keep searching, Google or whatever, treatment plans for anxiety disorder and you'll see. You know what it is, now go do something about it.
I was doing a search on pulsating feeling throughout the body.  Its often accompanied by pricking, exhaustion and MS hug.  I fell upon your thread and a lot of people have caught on the 'earthquake feeling'.  The pulsating feeling is strong enough but not say to a point of an earthquake (I just experienced a 5.0 one a couple of weeks ago).  It follows my hear beat. For me it's like when you get a real bad cut on a finger and you get that pulsing feeling.
I just a diagnosis of MS about 6 months ago, although my symptoms had started a couple of years ago.  
I would like to know if anybody knows of any drugs to calm those symptoms. For the moment, I use Imovane, a sleeping pill, just to calm me down but I know it's not appropriate.  Someone mentioned vallium... any thoughts or recommendations?
I think if u track yr pulse, u will hear that the other pulse is actually not at all your heartbeat.
Wen I hav thes things but is mostly in my left arm. And moves down to my left lege sumtimes I have pain sum time I feel like my heart stops and sume times I loos my balens like I was in a erarthquake that happens a lot and I blak out or pass out really quike like one time I was walking down to the store and then I passed out came back befor I hit the grond I got back up and started walking agen and it happend agen my shakes I'm my arm get wers and wers every day it scars me more every day I had a eeg and blood work dun and had a mri all came out good I still do not know what's going on with me bye the way my name is Matthew
Hi Daniiii,

I am having the same symptoms. I am unable to walk or do anything for a prolonged period of time as this sensation increases. There is no exhaustion as such but this feeling is really annoying..!! I am 23 years old and have been feeling this for the past couple of months... I do not have Blood Pressure, sugar or cholesterol and my EEG and Brain CT scan were normal. My ECG was normal too.

Have you had any success in identifying what is causing this ?
I was taking a nap today and had this sensation...it felt like the whole bed was shaking.  I thought my husband was shaking his foot until I sat up and realized he was sleeping and felt my heart pounding.  It was so strong I could see my pulse in my wrist.  Quite frightening!
Thanks for this. My son is having the symptons I told him to go to emergency room and he has yet to go.
I FEEL LIKE I'm DYING pleez help doc I feel messd up my hart keeps beating very hard an a dull pain occurs I get twiches rite thru my body. In my stomach also my stomach growls a lot and sometime I hear that growl near my hart I get an acid taste sometimes in my mouth or it comes up I've been to the er 2wise and the put me on an ECG it was ok the doc said then I went for an xray on my lungs dat was ok and I went for bloodwork all ok den.  I went to another docter I told him my symptoms he told me its acid reflux but my sympoms feels like it worsnd during the day I'm okay bt at night it starts my body feels unstable plz help and I'm a. Very nervous person and I get confuse at times cuz my stomach beats loud I duno if its my hart or stomach
If everyone would please list all symptoms they have that bother them, perhaps this will help future doctors have some clues as to what is going on. Tho it's unlikely we all have the exact same causation, the more detailed descriptions we write may lead to enhancing knowledge on the issue (if it's not known well). I'm going to check magnesium levels and try some very basic things that I (maybe we all) should be doing. I have the same thing, 37 M, in Iowa atm, so definitely not earthquakes, but lived in california, so know them well, and this feels exactly like it. Thought it was the dryer/washing machine, ruled them all out. Like most others, anxiety issues, and ever worsening sleep disorder, and increasing gastrointestinal issues. Stress always seems like the likely culprit, but I wonder about that assumption of causation, i used to eat loads of very spicy food daily for years and years, and never thought my stomach was an issue (thought it was normal for the longest). I sometimes mistake stomach pains with possible heart problems (this is very easy to do). I also used to exercise religiously, but have not for the last couple years (first time in my life) and I started again a couple times this week, it does seem to help, but not enough testing yet, likely will not hurt it.. I haven't been sick in three years. I've taken xanax a few years ago for a few months as well. I've never done drugs regularly or often. And certainly not for a few years. I average one beer a year. I  checked my heart, and the earthquake feeling *does not* coincide with heart beats, according to others this is not likely heart problems thank goodness, i have always worried about heart problems, but ekg shows nothing, also slightly elevated blood pressure, but not scary (i'm thin, when exercising maintain good muscle physique, but not recently).. I have this mostly when not getting enough sleep, while trying to sleep. It started this week and feel small relief it doesn't appear to be something far worse..  I haven't seen anyone mention this, but I also experience a very frightening sensation like a nightmare while being awake, or, like my mind is about to go insane for a split moment, just as I believe i'm falling asleep. I have to open my eyes and gasp for a deep breath of air, sometimes even reaching out in the air. This seems to only happen with great sleep deprivation (i will pulled maybe 50 or more all nighters per year for the last couple of years trying to keep my schedule half way normal. (reset my bio clock). I do not get enough sunlight, this is likely a small issue. sleep meds/melatonin give me anxiety, ssri do not work well with me. i would use marijuana if I had some. I stopped drinking caffiene this week as another test, it has helped a bit and so has the exercise. I worked 12 hours a day almost every day, this likely is not helping. That being said, my stress has been low lately, tho I wouldn't rule it out. I'm looking more in the direction of brain-wave misalignment that can occur with sleep disorders (some people experience dreams while awake for instance). This leads me to look more towards some mineral deficiency, i will try taking vitamins with solid magnesium content to report back. I switch between various tobacco products (and quitting), right now I chew tobacco while programming hours on end, tho i hydrate well, i'm *certainly* losing other minerals with the amount i'm up to lately. I do not eat enough fruits at all, tho i'm increasing fiber content and get enough vegetables. I cut down on meat a lot, tho this is likely unrelated. I will add fruit and test for a few weeks with everything else and report back if the feeling stops.
acid reflux / heartburn feel exactly like a serious heart problem for everyone. I worried about this a lot myself. a REAL heart problem would be much more severe and you wouldn't just think it, you would know it. People with anxiety tend to be oversensitized to such things.
Wow. Same here. Started after an earthquake about 1,5 month ago. I get these 10-8 times a day. It's really annoying. At first I kept checking over, and over, and over, and over all the earthquake maps, thinking that surely this was it. It feels like an earthquake. My head doesn't hurt, my heart doesn't get palpitations - I'm just legitimately experiencing an earthquake, but it's not the ground - it's me. Lately experienced a little dizziness from this. Odd thing. I'm glad I've found this thread, it makes me feel so much better that I'm not alone in this. It's not magnesium deficiency for me, I used to have seizures in my arms and legs, so I keep a very close check on my magnesium levels (and take extra if necessary). It might be Vitamin D deficiency, or messed up acid levels, or anxiety. The weirdest thing is that I've just mentioned this to my father and he told me, he has been having these episodes, as well! They've started about a month ago for him. So either causes are related to something esoteric, psychological or biological. I'll be looking into the biological more and try to improve my health. As for stress - unfortunately there's no way to escape that one, I'm afraid.
Exactly for me as well. It was the first earthquake I ever experienced some days ago when building was shaking, and after that for several times I thought it was an earthquake when my office chair began to shake. I told my co workers it was an earthquake but they said they did not feel anything. I don't know what's causing it but its certainly started after earthquake. I am 31, and glad there are others like me.
Yes I have had similar problems re: internal tremors, vibrating teeth, strong pulse causing head bobs, chest movement, sometimes like the back of your neck is going to explode. The muscle twitches, tremors, vibrations and weakness was largely due to a magnesium deficiency. .6mmol/L from blood work but serum levels of magnesium aren't indicative of intracellular Mg. I still get the strong pulse though it hasn't subsided and causes anxiety!
I have the same sensations at night...was diagnosed with anxiety and given medication...so far its not helping and i'm so tired but too afraid to go to sleep.
I'm very Blessed to know that my symptoms are not all my own. I am 36 years old and of course we all know the older we get the more problems occur. But yes to add to the comments I do feel that tremor vibrating feeling when I just come from being up and around walking for example, then soon as I lay down there goes the vibration I thought it was my heart, but I believe it's something else. The vibration moves faster than my heartbeat, also does anyone feel pain in there thighs. Oh I do have anemia and no medical insurance so as soon as I can find a Healthcare provider who isn't crazy enough to call Anemia a pre-existing condition I will definitely do what I gotta do! Thanks everybody for your imput
Hello, I have exactly the same problem. I am suffering for 2 years at a stretch. Have you guys found any medication of this problem ?
I also have these symptoms: internal vibration that wakes me up from a deep sleep, and more recently a persistent eye twitch.  I noticed they began within one week after I had a Tdap tetanus booster.  Curious if anyone else can link their symptoms to an immunization.
I have recently been diagnosed with adrenal dysfunction because of low aldosterone and high renin. I also have one gene dna mutation of mthfr that affects how my body processes folate and homocystene levels. I have low ferritin because of internal bleeding from stomach ulcers and fibroids. I have something screwy going on with my hormones, nerves, digestion, and cognition but not a lot of solid labwork for clear cut and correct diagnoses. Fibromyalgia doesn't explain it, neither does depression or anxiety, even though I have symptoms of all of them. Cyclical cushings has been suspected but mostly ruled out even though a few abnormal tests.

I also feel like I'm throbbing to the rhythm of my heart. I get random muscle spasms in my calves and biceps. My hands tremble and sometimes twitch like morse code. Its the worst when I'm still. Its always there but is much worse with stress, physical exertion, and fatigue. To the point I can't hold things and spill what I'm holding. Sometimes it feels like I'm having internal earthquakes. Most of the timeit feels like I'm standing on an elevator that's about to fall or is slightly bouncing around. Its slowly getting worse but varies in intensity.

I don't know what it is but I don't think in my case its harmless. It might not be harming me, but something is causing a whole boatload of things to be out of wack and its starting to affect my organs and I'm physically unable to work as a result. I wish I knew what is specifically causing the trembling/shaking/vibrating/twitching. There are so many things wrong with my body that I'm beyond freaked out. I feel doomed that they aren't gonna figure it out in time to reverse or fix whatever it is.
Happy to see these posts.  Had this first "earthquake in bed" experience the other night.  I'm 90% confident that it is related to anxiety / stress, although I do like the ascension process theory.  I take no meds and have no other medical issues, but recently have noticed other anxiety related symptoms manifesting (difficulty breathing, etc) all coinciding with being laid off and starting a new business... so loss of health insurance. I have a very high capacity for stress and objectivity in these areas, and I'm old/experienced enough to know that when I'm under stress my body always comes up with some creative manifestation.   This one just threw me for a loop because if felt SO much like an earthquake... but I quickly realized nothing was rattling around the room!  Thanks everyone for sharing!
I am 21 now and have for years since childhood suffered with all over body vibration with a high pitch noise in my ear. Doctors and medicine cannot explain what I'm going through.  It has baffled them for years I've had every test possible. For years I shook them off during the night and fought the buzzy full body vibrations off. However read on obe vibrations (out of body experience) and skeptical or not.  I've accepted the vibrations.  And I physical floated out of my body. I've been experiencing if not most of all your symptoms that doctors cannot explain. As soon as I accepted them,  didn't fight them off.  Brings about a bizarre phenomenon of. Out of body or astral projection. I've since had calmer nights.  Life's improved. And dreaming is more physical now. Since I let vibrations go crazy for weeks now rather than letting them wake me up its subsided. And I've been left with amazing dreams. You can analyse my experience as much as you like. The fact is, what's so unexplained with medical logic. Is so explainable with this phenomenon.
Hello everyone, I am very new to this!
I was hoping to get a few answers for myself as I have something similar.
I am 21, male, white.
Wednesday night I started to get internal body shakes, they were on and off every time i would lay down. At the moment it freaked me out badly and soon enough those inner tremors become constant by morning. They feel like they are coming from my back, i also noticed that my back has been a lot lately all over. These tremors are like throbbing/popping sensations.
Could it be that i just did something to my back? I know on tuesday I did weightlifting at a very quick rate and didnt stretch properly. Then on wednesday I walked about 8 miles around campus with a very heavy backpack on.
I also noticed that when my back started to act up my sinuses got really back. Faint around the head, dry throat, face pressure, mild headache.
I've already been taking magnesium pills for about 3 now, 300mg a day. So it cant because i have low magnesium levels.
i also have been taking my vitamin B and D for a few years along with multiple vitamins. So i am pretty stocked up on my vitamins haha.
Stress has not really been a factor, the last time i was extremely stressed was the end of spring semester.
i am also on nooo medication.
So I am personally baffled on what this is.
I am a very optimistic person and refuse to let these "sensations" slow my life down, but it would be very helpful if i had an idea of what was going on.
Anyone experience similar things?
Everything has pretty remained the same, i already have been experiencing body wide twitching. but that is from how active i am and is nothing new.
I look forward to interacting with you all :)
hi everyone!
recently we have just experienced  a real earthquake.a strong one that had destroyed properties and lives of many people.
lately I dont know if this is a trauma 'coz i always feel that there is another earthquake and i palpatate everytime i feel that way...I feel very anxious since it happened...
i can feel like the bed is moving or the chair is shaking...and my heart beats wo fast...I am scared.
Same thing for me. For about six months now, I have felt my bed being pressed around under me, like a cat is walking around on the mattress. I sometimes feel steady rocking and shaking, and sometimes just those ghost steps. It also happens in my chair when I'm driving or sitting at work.

Does anyone who is experiencing this also feel a little bit of tugging on your clothes from time to time?

It just feels like someone is lightly pulling on the fabric sometimes.

I don't like any of this, and I want to figure out how to make it go away. I'm afraid it might be a demon.
I thought I will log back in and post it since rarely anyone comes back with the update. So I have had these internal tremors for about two years  and now I can say that THEY ARE GONE...Yay! I think it was related to body's response to a prolonged chronic stress, and even though I thought I had everything under control my body was acting opposite. I think so because I saw numerous doctors and many tests later everything checked out fine . Once I started meditating, exercising and sleeping better  little by little the symptoms disappeared. So I hope this helps someone not to freak out in the beginning ( how I did) if you are having the same symptoms as I did. Because anxiety only feeds on itself and escalates physical symptoms even more.
It feels like my palse or nerve is beating and more likely moving in my skin like a baby would move inside of a belly . Whats happing to me ? What should I do .
I find this post and I have some information that will help you. Yes same
symptoms I experience. That what you call inside tremor. Your body is
shaking and looks the world is spinning and looks like there is an
earthquake. Your chair is rock by somebody but there is no one. I also
have series of chest pains and palpitations sometimes and that surge of
headache in the head and backache and muscle pains and teeth..My physical
examination and all are normal to begin with. I visited the doctor and he
said It is Meniere's disease which characterized by series of Vertigo. As
the body coop up with the imbalance of stress. I didn't have enough sleep
overnight back then but I sleep regularly though with at least 6 - 7
hours but it really bothers me when it took 3 days and this inside tremor
become often... The main causes of vertigo are benign paroxysmal
positional vertigo,are Ménière's disease,vestibular neuritis,and
labyrinthitis,but may also be caused by a concussion or a vestibular
migraine. Excessive consumption of ethanol (alcoholic beverages) can also
cause symptoms of vertigo. I have one question for you though.. Did you
experience before the series of tremors something is knocking at your
ear - Tinnitus?. Are you became sensitive with sounds especially when
sleeping or in the process of falling a sleep then you hear a sudden loud
voice from a vehicle?. If you happen to experience this it is definitely
Meniere's disease. For more information about Meniere's disease just type
and search it. I was given 2 medicines by the doctor to take for 2 weeks
- Betahistine(generic) and Stugeron Cinnarizine. Be sure to always have
enough sleep everyday. Hope this helps.
Can u help it feels like its a gin or entity doing this to me I get  scared I m 38 healthy and worried
Even when I sleep its constantly shaking and vibrating in my legs - someone jell please
Have you found any answers yet?
I have been experiencing these symptoms for about 6months now…Did you ever find a diagnosis or solution to the problem? Thanks!
Wow, I've experienced something similar to all of you and it's been so frustrating and scary.  I am a 24 year old female and have experienced "the shakes" for the last four years.  Doctors have informed me that I have a partial right bundle-branch block that shows up on my EKG, but they tend to be dismissive about this and tell me it's common and nothing to worry about.  I am also hypoglycemic and have suffered from varying degrees of anxiety/depression since I was 15.  My thyroid has been tested and deemed normal, and I have seen a cardiologist who basically told me they didn't know what was going on.

I will go months without having an episode, but then the tremors will hit me seemingly out of nowhere.  It seems like alcohol and other drugs and chemicals can trigger the tremors, but I have also had tremors hit me when I have been in a relaxed and sober state.  My symptoms start with a "whooshing" feeling and I know an episode is coming on.  My heart rate accelerates and becomes extremely irregular; my whole body gets internal tremors that come in waves and are so intense that my teeth chatter.  My body temperature goes crazy and I can't tell if I'm too hot or too cold.  The worst symptom by far is the "blackout" feeling--constantly fighting to maintain consciousness.  

I am usually calm through the whole episode.  I keep myself from panicking because it seems to make the symptoms worse.  The tremors come in waves, decreasing in frequency until the episode has passed. They can last anywhere from 30 minutes to 4 hours.  It all leaves me physically exhausted.

It doesn't happen much--maybe only 10 times in the last 4 years--but it is terrifying.  I do my best to prevent episodes, but sometimes they just happen.  Overall, I am incredibly fit and healthy with no known allergies and am very rarely sick.  I am a vegetarian and eat balanced meals, and exercise for 20-45 minutes every day.  I do drink, but in moderation and am very careful to stay hydrated.  I really wish I knew what was going on with me.  I'm sick of being afraid.
Another possible thing to check is your taurine level.  50% of your body's taurine level is contained in your heart muscle. Low taurine can cause heart palps and prevent/reduce magnesium absorption.  I had been working on building my magnesium levels for months and was feeling better other than an increase in heart palps.  When you see your doctor gets all your levels checked for vitamins, minerals, amino acids,etc -  magnesium, phosphorus, taurine, etc.  Good luck.
I'm so glad I'm not the only one going through this! If anyone finds any treatments or reliefs for this please email me! ***@****
Hi can anyone plz advise me I'm a 25 year old female and have been suffering with terrible palpitations and tremors for around 2 years and it's at its worst at the min, I'm I'm 120mg of propranolol daily and have had ecg and a 24 hr ECG and came back relatively fine I've also had my thyroid levels tested and they came back ok and a scan on my throat and as before came back fine although a little enlarged, and I've had lots of blood tests all ok except my blood count a little low, my doctor has now referred me to a neurologist, what would that be for? I'm always tired and feeling generally unwell can some one plz shed any light as to what's going on I'm at my wits end thank u x
Hello. It's simple. It's a clear symptom of Candida Albicans. I suffer from the same thing, every part of my body, including my brain, is pulsating. It's because of Candida's poisoning your system from inside. It's in the bloodstream, infecting all the organs. You will suffer until you change your diet and take medicine against candida.
I've got all these symptoms you're talking about. They come and go: the twitching, the rocking that feels like an earthquake. The pounding heart, the list goes on! lol :)))  I've made so many visits to the ER that I can't count them. I've had lots of tests that turned up nothing significant. So.....I try to ignore my symptoms and focus my attention on something else. Physical activity seems to help the best. However, reading as well as crochet help me too.
I also started to notice these sensations after living in an earthquake area, I'm not sure if it is the cause or that they just gave me  fear and now I wake up instead of sleeping through them. I have two ideas as to what is going on 1) a lot of earthquakes are man made, they use radio frequencies to do this, we are sensitive to the constant frequencies that we are being subject. 2) I'm Christian and very strongly aware of angels and demons in and around us. We are under spiritual attack?