NEUROLOGY
COMMUNITY
Inside tremor, earthquake feeling, twitches, pulsating
by daniiiii, Oct 03, 2009
I feel that my heartbeat is all over my body....and is beating so strong that when I sit still my body rocks to my heartbeat.

I also have internal tremors and I feel like my heartbeat and the tremors or vibrations are linked to the heartbeat. When my heartbeats I feel an earthquake feeling too when I'm standing still.

I feel like as if someone is shaking my chair or someone is shaking my bed while sleeping. I also have random twitches and muscle spams.

I notice this sensation more when I pause or rest. so this means that the tremor/vibration/beats are occurring 24/7.
Member Comments (87)
Avatar_dr_m_tn
by Dr RajgopalBlank, Oct 03, 2009
The causes of your symptoms could be Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Anemia, Acid base imbalance, Chemical poisoning, Herbal agent overdose (Ginseng), Multiple sclerosis, Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, Magnesium deficiency or adverse effect of medications. Please consult a physician for complete examination and investigations. Please go for EKG, Holter’s test, MRI of the brain and spine and EMG and nerve conduction studies to help in the diagnosis. Please consult a cardiologist and neurologist for specialist opinion. Hope this helps you. Take care and regards!  
by daniiiii, Oct 03, 2009
Dear Dr Rajgopal,

thank you very much for all your suggestions... i definitely will give a good examination for each of your inputs.

Respectfully,
Dani
by Galaron28, Dec 11, 2009
I have these exact same symptoms. I have had an EKG Chest x-rays blood work cat scans and so far nothing. Should i be worried about ms? The doctors stated that all my results came back good.
by ioh00000, Mar 20, 2010
I, too, have tremors, which are worse when I sleep even more poorly (always have severe sleep problems (have sleep disorders).  I shake worse with each heartbeat, regardless of how I've slept, though.  I have plmd and rls, but looks like somethng else is going on.  Also, hypersensitive to chemicals, so I'm careful with what I eat and use.  Wonder if there are others on this site that have this internal tremor, or, internal buzzing (as if plugged into an electrical socket).  I have this far worse in my left leg.  Been going on for years -never stops.  I believe it was caused by all the meds I took.

Please contact me if you are also going through this.  Thanks.
by ioh00000, Mar 20, 2010
Also wanted to add that I have constant muscles twitching too.
by Simsons, Apr 23, 2010
Hi:

Did you ever find out what is wrong. I have 2 small kids and have exact same symtoms for 4-5 months. No help from Drs and have visited every dr you can think of.... EMG, MRI, blood work all fine ... still buzzing and werid earthquake feeling shaky when I stand...
by willtme, Jul 24, 2010
Have your thyroid checked.
by Martec, Sep 08, 2010
Hi daniiii

I am just curious as to how you are getting along with this symptom, as i have been experiencing this lately. It started from heart palpitations then to just a general strong pulse, then to a pulse that rocks my body slightly and just very recently i have started experiencing the earthquake feeling with my pulse.

It's certainly very hard to describe to a GP, and especially family aswell. People just dont seem to unerstand what I am talking about when i get this.

The way it feels in my body is basically when i get these episoides, it feels like everytime my pulse beats, i can feel a electrifying/earthquakey feeling rushing through my arteries at high speed. sort of like extra adrenaline in the arteries causing this sensation. Sometimes when this happends I will go into panic because i cannot distinguish whether or not my heart is actually beating in a super speed rythim or it isnt. Ofcourse, if i feel my heart, it beats normally but the earthquakey feeling remains.

I've tried to search over the internet about this feeling and i have seriously found NOTHING other than this post which describes what i am going through. It feels like we are the only people in the world going through this so I was
Just wondering how you have been getting on with this symptom? Did it ever subside completely? or just a little bit?
by yunis_02, Oct 23, 2010
. When my heartbeats I feel an earthquake feeling too when I'm standing still.

I notice this sensation more when I pause or rest. so this means that the tremor/vibration/beats are occurring 24/7. . THIS IS exactly what happens to me. I suffer a lot. Im not sure of the reason, but i remember that this start to happen immediately after an earthquake. Help plzzzz