Intramedullary tumor in c2-c3 level
I had meningioma at c2-c3 level which got operated 4 months back. During post operative period I was on ventilator for 39 days. I had problem like extreme pain in shoulder and hands, hallucination, couldn't sleep in flat position, sleeping disorder, breathing pattern change, no bowel and bladder sensation, tremors, no limb movements. After physiotherapy my left hand working better than right hand. I couldn't walk normally that's why i need support, my right side is much weaker. After three months I could sleep but still my bed position is in 30 degree and I could sleep only in supine position. Now my breathing capacity increase (I can breath upto 1100 through spirometer) but still breathing pattern is not normal (reverse), my hands are working normally but still there is a extreme stretching pain in right and left shoulder and I have to take pain killer for that, I cant walk normally. After removing catheter (urine bag) there is now bladder control and i am using diaper when i was out. No bowel sensation so i am taking medicine and using enema. Please guide me when I will be in normal position and give me the solution for stretching pain.
Hi there!

Well, without knowing the relevant clinical details or a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to comment specifically on the situation. While the arm and breathing issues could be related, it sound unlikely for a C2/ C3 meningioma to produce such extensive symptoms unless there were other lesions detected or the lesion produced mass effects on other regions as well. The symptoms could result from other causes as well. Without a definite diagnosis at hand it would be difficult to suggest a management plan. I would suggest discussing the situation and the suggested management plan in detail with your treating neurologist/ neurosurgeon.

Take care!