Left lower lumbar pain/down left leg/left hip pain
Hi, I am looking for some help. I am only 26 years old and was very very active in the gym. I fell down the steps quite some time ago. On July 2, 2009 I started to have terrible pain in my L lower lumbar and it would hurt in my groin to my knee and burn and sting in my 2nd &3rd toe on my left foot. I would be up all night with my leg just aching and throbbing. I then went to the ER and the recommended Neurosurgery practice. I had an MRI 2xs CT scan and X-rays of low back. They showed a fracture on my L5 that seemed to be healing. I had one steroide injection and then started PT. I then started to become exhausted with everything and could not keep up. My left hip the developed paralysis and became swollen and hypersensitive to the touch. I then had another injection into my sacroiliac joint. I then developed a mild case of drop foot. No one seem to be able to give me any answers...I can not walk correct I am very sore and with increased activity I get swollen and hurt badly. I have a 3 year old with whom I would give anything to just be able to swing with him again. I hope somebody can help or recommend a doctor that is actually worth going to. I now just this evening started to get a burning sensation no numbness or tingling on the inside of my left thigh. Please help...Thanks lcover:o)
I have a few ideas. You might have some nerve impingement from that lumbar fracture. It may be your sciatic nerve. have you tried a chiropractor? The foot drop sounds like nerve trouble to me but I'm not a Dr! If you're not getting answers you should seek out a new Dr. Another thought, may be off the wall, but do you have endometriosis? best wishes, Erica
I have no idea if i have endometriosis. It is definitely some kind of impingement. I have have already lost my left ovary and fallopian tube due to cysts and have had two removed from my right ovary and fallopian tube. I do not go to chiropractors...it give me a terrible headache. I am going to a new Dr just waiting on them to call me back. Thanks for the advice! Take care, Laura
As you know there is a fracture of vertebra, most of the symptoms like pain, inability to walk are due to the same as there is a compression of the nerves. Along with the spinal fracture, there could be an associated fracture of the hip leading to the swelling of the hip and leg , pain and  discomfort on walking. Physiotherapy seems to have aggravated your symptoms. Please go for an X ray of the hip joint and consult an orthopaedic surgeon along with the neurologist. Please get the spinal fracture treated surgically otherwise malunion may lead to complications. You need to limit your activity till surgery or proper treatment since movement is making the matter worse. Please take a second opinion of a spine surgeon. Hope this helps you. Take care and regards!  
I was told a Spine fracture could not be fixed by the neurosurgeon. Especially if is is healing. I had a xray of my hip today that my family Doc actually ordered and they also referred me to ortho. What do they do to fix an l5 fracture. I also found out today that I have a right ovarian cyst that could complicate things. I have already lost my left ovary and fallopian tube from cysts and have had two taken off of the right. Could this really make the situation worse?
im not sure where u live but try sweedish medical center neurologist center in seattle