Localized left-side butt pain?
I feel a constant, dull pain beneath my left "butt bone" (ischial tuberosity?) whenever I'm sitting. It's only when sitting and is not associated with any back or leg pain. I've had it for five years now and over the years have tried less sitting, better chairs, stretching and vitamins, without any real results. I plan to see someone about this soon, but was hoping to get some opinions first.

If I were to venture a guess, I'd say that I'm suffering from a pinched nerve. If this is the case, what kind of treatment options could I be looking at? Thanks for reading.

.
Hi there. These symptoms could arise from the forceful pull of various muscles originating from the ischial tuberosity like adductor and hamstrings, sacrotuberous ligaments sustained during sports, trauma, other injuries, overuse of hamstrings or avulsion fracture of ischial tuberosity. it is also triggered by sitting for extended periods on hard surfaces and better known as weavers bottom. Usually hamstring tendonitis or ischiogluteal bursitis or could also be due to sciatic or tibial nerve entrapment. Treatment would depend on the diagnosis and includes NSAIDs, RICE therapy that is rest, ice compression and elevation, cortisone injections and physiotherapy. Consult an orthopaedician for assessment and treatment directed towards it since continuous irritation could hasten osteoarthritis in the hip joint is affected. Hope this helps. Take care.

it could be the sciatica nerve - I notice a dull ache when driving and I kinda have to lift
my butt and reposition it and the pain goes away.