Lumbar Puncture Side Effects
Two and a half years ago I was diagnosed with Intracranial Hypotension with sub-dural haematomas - sometimes referred to as low-pressure headaches - four weeks after walking head-first into an unmarked plate-glass door. Although my symptoms significantly improved, six months later or so I was given a blood-patch via lumbar puncture. My headaches became worse but I then improved. However over the last few months I have begun to experience severe ache at the base of my spine coupled with pain in my legs and severe headache behind my eyes. It can feel as if my body has been stretched like an elastic band and it is very difficult to stand. This seems to be associated with movement from sitting to standing or going from a leaning-over to an upright position. (e.g gardening has now become very difficult)   It is getting worse and is now several times daily.  Standing and physical activity seems to make me more vulnerable.  Is there anything I can do?

This discussion is related to Chronic Daily Headache Condition After Lumbar Puncture.