Lumbar Puncture
I had my lumbar puncture on Friday. I had to be punctured three times to get enough fluid out for the tests. The doctor said he only got 3 cc's out of the first puncture and it stopped flowing. On the second puncture the numbing medicine wore off and I felt the needle going in. Not sure if that one produced any fluid. The third puncture, lower than the first two, produced the rest of the fluid needed for the tests. This third puncture was the most painful and I heard the doctor call for a 2 1/2 inch long needle. Can anyone tell me why the doctor was unable to get enough fluid out of my spine and does this mean anything? Thank God the doctor was very good, nice, and used a very small needle. Anyway, being tested for MS and was wondering if a lack of spinal fluid means anything to MS or another condition?? Thank you for the help in advance.
question:

why is it that my seven year old daughter s still suffering from waist/back-pain after a lumbar puncture done more or less 15 months ago?
sunsetfl: I don't think this has anything to do with MS or not. It was probably a coincidence. The only thing I know that potentially can be connected with this is low intracranial csf pressure. It typically gives you headaches that are worse when standing up and better when lying down or that are worse second part of the day.