Neurology Community
MRI Findings

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

MRI Findings

So the vision in my right eye has been off for about 11 months now.  One morning i woke up with floaters and blurred vision. I have had them since.  Along with seeing flashes of light/colors or big white bubble shaped floaters when turing off the lights.  With altered vision it also has brought on headachs that last for days or even weeks. Stiff neck headaches, double vision, feelings of being off balanced/drunk/dizzy, reading is difficult, sensitive to light, eye always feels open even when my eyelid is closed and many other symptoms such as exhaustion and  even making me depressed.  An eye specialist says its fine and only a small difference from the left eye. Ive had a TC scan and  I recently had an MRI done and they found 7 white matter spots around the brain. Based on this they're sending me back to a neurologist.  It kinda feels like something is being pinch which is then affecting the vision in my right eye.

What could this be and how do i get my neurologist to actually do something about it and not just push it off like its nothing like the last time i was there?  Its been a year now and i feel if its not fixed soon that it will affect my vision even more. Any info would help
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your predicament. But if the lesions in the brain are affecting your vision, it should be visible in vision testing. Also, if the eye muscles are affected it should fit into a pattern too, in the absence of which it is difficult to define a specific area in the brain or cranial nerves which are affected. However, you may need to follow up, to see for changes in the spots detected.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.