MRI Lumbosacral spine
I am a 62 year retired army officer. I have no pain or constant discomfort and lead a fairly active life, however, for some months I was slightly dragging my left leg and was advised the MRI performed with high resolution T-1 and T2 weihted serial sections obtained in sagittal and axial planes using a phased Array surace coil on a 1.5 Tesla scanner.

The doctors openion is
MR findings are suggestive of degenerative disc desease with mild diffuse L4-L5 inter vertebral disc buldge and mild concentric L5-S1 disc buldge with ligamentum flavum hypertrophy and facet joint arthropathy.

I want to know  the gravity of the findings and what are the likely subsequent diagnostic tests and how long it would take to cure.

Arjun
ega
I am 59 and know exactly what you are going through.  The pain can be extreme.  Ask your doctor about the Spinal Injections.  They will help short term.. I have had a total of 3 and that is all they will allow.  However everyone is different and It might just work in your case .. Be sure you go to a good Spinal Center that is in your area. Don't let just any Doctor do it.