Aa
A
A
Close
MRI Lumbosacral spine
I am a 62 year retired army officer. I have no pain or constant discomfort and lead a fairly active life, however, for some months I was slightly dragging my left leg and was advised the MRI performed with high resolution T-1 and T2 weihted serial sections obtained in sagittal and axial planes using a phased Array surace coil on a 1.5 Tesla scanner.

The doctors openion is
MR findings are suggestive of degenerative disc desease with mild diffuse L4-L5 inter vertebral disc buldge and mild concentric L5-S1 disc buldge with ligamentum flavum hypertrophy and facet joint arthropathy.

I want to know  the gravity of the findings and what are the likely subsequent diagnostic tests and how long it would take to cure.

Arjun
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
ega
Hi,
I am 59 and know exactly what you are going through.  The pain can be extreme.  Ask your doctor about the Spinal Injections.  They will help short term.. I have had a total of 3 and that is all they will allow.  However everyone is different and It might just work in your case .. Be sure you go to a good Spinal Center that is in your area. Don't let just any Doctor do it.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources