MRI OF BRAIN
Since few days, evening time my father's head (middle and back) is becoming hot and after that he is not feeling well, not able to walk, feeling imbalance and he is not able to speak at that time. So we went to doctor for my father's treatment. Doctor suggested MRI OF BRAIN with below details.

Clinical details : Vertigo and gait disturbance
MR protocol : Axial T1W, T2W, FLAIR, DW1 and SW1, Coronal and Sagittal T2W

Result of above MRI is given below.

1>Few tiny hyperintense foci on FLAIR is seen in periventricular white matter suggestive of arterio-sclerotic ischaemic changes.
2>CP angle, 7th and 8th nerve appears normal.

But I did not understand the meaning of above MRI result. Could you please explain the same ?. My father's age is 55 years and he has high BP.
Hi there!

The MRI describes mild ischaemic (low blood supply) changes seen in a part of the brain and increased cerebro-pontine angle, which could result from lesions such as acoustic neuroma etc. I would suggest discussing the report in detail with the radiologist and the treating neurologist.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Dear Mam,

Thnaks for your feedback. Could you please tell me the reason for above diseases ?. Is it because of low blood pressure ?. Can you please explain the meaning of acoustic neuroma in layman term ?