Neurology Community
MRI Results

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

MRI Results

Since I can't find the answers to my question, I will try again. THANK YOU!!!

Per my last question, I was advised to see my doctor or Opthamologist.
I did visit with my doctor who recommended I get an MRI w/Contrast. Could you pleas tell me what I should do if anything. My doctor has recommended seeing a Neurologist, but stated nothing to worry about. But recommends I see one anyway.  Here are the results of the MRI: (can you interpret) - I will just give what my doctor highlighted. The other things state normal no swelling/etc.

1) There are a couple of punctate nonspecific foci of hyperintense T2/Flair signal the the left frontal subcortical white matter.
2) Incidentally noted is a linear focus of enhancement within the left parietal lobe, which likely represents a small developmental venous anomaly.
3) There is a small retention cyst along the floor of the left maxillary sinus.

I am not worried. But I wonder should I visit a Neurologist. I had a maternal uncle that died at 21 from an aneurysm and a maternal brother that died from a stroke at the age of 60. Do you think I NEED to visit with a Neurologist? Would I be a fool to NOT visit with a Neurologist to play it safe.  I need a second opinion.
Thanks again for all your help.  It was greatly appreciated and taken into consideration, and followed on your last advise.
Mrs. O.

Hopefully my previous email is still there to see, but just in case. I had severe tugging of the eyes first thing in the morning. With eyes trying to cross, followed by double vision. (up/down - not side to side), with some mild headaches and fogginess for a few days. Still seem to have fogginess in the a.m.'s with mild headaches. Extremely healthy female age 50.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
I am so sorry to have missed your query and you actually had to write a post to remind me. thanks so much for writing and bearing with me. I understand you had fogginess, mild headaches and tugging and crossing of eyes along with double vision. Then your MRI showed a couple of punctate nonspecific foci of hyperintense T2/Flair signal the the left frontal subcortical white matter. These appear to be plaques or areas of demyelination in the white matter of brain. These if correlated point towards multiple sclerosis. this needs exclusion after a cerebrospinal fluid analysis to see for cells, abnormal proteins and oligoclonal bands and neurophysiological testing. the maxillary retention cyst could be left alone if it is not infected and there are no active sinusitis symptoms. Keep the sinuses dry and clean with proper lavage and drainage after steam inhalation. The venous anomaly in the left parietal lobe need to be investigated further as it can rupture and lead to intracranial hemorrhage or cause pressure symptoms due to mass effect. Take care.
Thank you for your response.  It is GREATLY appreciated.  And I will follow up with a Neurologist.
Enit