Neurology Community
MRI of SPine Thoracic

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

MRI of SPine Thoracic

I'm having pain in my back  for about a month triggered by movement.  This happens every year for the past 3 years after I have a cold and I was said to have had kidney stones.  No stones were ever found on x ray.  This year the pain became extreme bad even to talk or walk with spasms accross my back.  An MRI was done see results below and other tests were complted and they told it was my gallblatter and removed it.  The extreme pain went away and the bad pain remains after 3 months. Ortho doctor who only reviewed MRI results referre me to a pain doctor.  I have had 2 intercoastal nerve blocks and a epederyl anit inflamatory injection.  Which has helped about 75% however if I sneeze or cough or move in awrong way I get the pain back

MRI - Results Final Report- mild disc desiccation at t6-7 t8-9 t9-10 Prominent ostephyte formation  
otherwise negative thoracicd MRI

Sorry for the long explanation.  My question.  Should I go back to the pain doctor who tells me he has no idea what I have and he is just trying to get rid of the pain who I feel very uncomfortable with shots in my back or should
I see a orthopedic?  I don't know what to do.
You didn't state your age, but I'd say if you are 40+ that those findings in the spine are normal and don't necessarily indicate a need for drastic medical treatment; I'd get an opinion from your regular physician and consider forms of physical therapy, massage, or acupuncture -- but, find a certified acupuncturist that has extensive experience -- avoid a chiropractor that does acupuncture as the training is not as extensive within that discipline.
your right I'm 44/The pain is intense and I have been out of work for two months sinc surgery. Regular dr says the orthopedic referred you to a pain doctor she thinks its a spur hitting a nerve because its only triggered by movement.  One other odd thing to add it seems that two babies later and this pain doctor have problems numbing me up.  All three doctors seem frustrating including this pain doctor.  He said if this pain does work he is going to start blood work for abnormalities.  Nice Guy.  Not.  I'm just very disappointed on how this situation is going.  Do you still stand with physical therapy, massage or acupuncture?
I think when it comes to spinal issues, you really should try the most conservative options possible.  So yes, physical therapy sessions (often covered by insurance), would be a good place to start -- your doc usually has to prescribe the therapy though.  If you don't get any assistance with that, then I'd seek out a highly-qualified acupuncturist for advice, but it is costly.  
Certain medications do you no favor as far as the spine, too, so check out side effects of any that you have been taking for a long time.  Another factor that may affect the bones/spine at your age is hormones , so if they do blood work, ask for a complete hormone screening to be done and make sure it includes thyroid, testosterone, progestrone, and estrogen levels -- then, do some research on the proper balance of these -- even Oprah had info for that recently on her show and web site.