MRI results
Could you please explain in plain English what the following means:

Diffuse disc bulge and chronic degenarative disease at L5-S1 level.   These findings are responsible for bilateral foraminal stenosis and minimal concentrical spinal stenosis.  I suspect left intraforaminal annular tear at L4-L5.  The size of the left foramen at this level is reduced.

This is the conclusion of my MRI.

Johanne
Hi Johanne,
How are you feeling now?
Your MRI report suggests that you have spinal disc pathology. Due to this spinal disc pathology, the nerve exiting from them can cause symptoms along the area of distribution.
There are many different terms used to describe spinal disc pathology and associated pain, such as “herniated disc”, “pinched nerve”, and “bulging disc”. The bones which form your spine are called as vertebrae. The space between two vertebras is cushioned with disc. When disc bulge or break open due to any reasons like ageing, or trauma to spine, it is called as herniated disc and this can cause pinching of nerve. It can happen in any region, but is more common at lower back in lumbar region and cervical region.
It is advisable for you to do physiotherapy for relief of pain and spasm of muscle, pain killers and pain management specialist for conservative management.
Hope this helps.
Bye.