Neurology Community
MRI side effects

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

MRI side effects

I had a Brain MRI without contrast and I have felt extremely strange ever since.  I have been suffering with Vertigo which is why the MRI was done to begin with.  During the MRI I started feeling very weird.  I felt very dizzy and my chest and head felt great pressure and I even felt dumb in my right hand and I feel nausea at times too..  I had this done on a Friday and it is now the following Monday and I am still feeling very weird.  I am not normal feeling at all.  I was told there are no side effects from an MRI but I am here to tell you that I felt completely normal until about half way into the test I have felt weird and still do.  What can this be???  I am not able to do much at all but lie around I seem to be less dizzy and less nausious.  My head just feels like it has a lot of pressure and or like it is a fish bowl I just do not feel right at all.  Please give me an answer.  I sure hope this is not anything to least long term or life threatening.  I just want to feel normal again or at least the way I did before the MRI.  I know there are side efeects of an MRI or I would not feel this way.  Thank you.    dizzyhead13
Hello.  I read your post and can tell you that I too, are feeling side effects after having the MRI of my brain. It has been like 3 weeks since I had it done, but I am having strange headaches that didn't start until after the MRI, in fact, today I posted about it in the MS community...this was my second post about it.  
For about 3 days after I felt kind of "off balance"  a little dizzy, but had a horrible headache, different than the migraines and in a different spot...my brain!  These headaches are waking me up in the middle of the night/  and are quite severe.  I don't like it, it scares the heck out of me!  I hope you'll keep in touch to let me know how you are doing.       DeniseA.