Neurology Community
Middle ear or inner ear?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Middle ear or inner ear?

About 3 weeks ago I began to feel like I was on an elevator.  I felt like I was bouncing a little and a little unsteady. Almost like being pulled by gravity. It's hard to explain.  And once I laid down it went away and I felt fine. And it's only when I stand up and when I bend over it does it a lot worse. Going outside don't hardly notice it. But again, bending over seems worse cause when I stand up it's just more intense. It's not like the room is spinning just bouncy and like gravity pulling me.

I went to urgent care cause I couldn't see my main dr until next month. So I told her my symptoms and told her that now and then my head would feel tight and I had some nasal congestion. She didn't bother looking at my sinuses. She looked in my ears and immediately said I had a lot of wax in both ears and was blocking my ear drum. So she wanted to go ahead and take care of it thinking that was my problem. They had a hard time cleaning out the left one cause the wax wasn't soft enough and since my ear was starting to hurt from the irrigation they put more wax softener in my ear and told me come next day. The right ear they got clean and she did say there was a little fluid behind the ear drum. But she didn't say that could be the cause of my symptoms. She really thought it was the ear wax build up. She have me some nasonex.

I returned next day with two different drs. They thought the pain I was having was swimmers ear but it wasn't. It didn't start until all the long minutes of irrigating my left ear. They said it was irritated and then wrote me down for swimmers ear. I wasn't there for another diagnosis. Just to get all the wax out and that was done. She said there was no fluid in left ear.

So since I don't think it was the ear wax, cause i am still having symptoms and bending over and standing up after bending really causes it more, at least today,  so I'm just wondering if it's the fluid behind the ear?

If not, do you think it's possible sinuses somehow got to do with it. They weren't checked. And what about it being inner ear? Just need some kind of ideas. Thanks!
I also agree that I don't think it was the wax buildup. Yes it could be from a sinus problem but if that was the case I believe you would be suffering from more symptoms as well. I can not believe that they did not look at your sinuses when you where there. The nasonex is for sinus problems which I don't think she should of gave you without even looking at your sinuses. I do not know if the fluid could be causing your problems or not. I know a lot of friends that have had the fluid build up behind the ear that did not have your symptoms.
I would talk to your doctor about virtigo or some other ear problems that effects your balance and other problems you are having. If you are able to I would talk with a ENT. Please keep in mind that I am not a doctor and that this is just my opinion.