Neurology Community
Moving pressure in head when laying down (on the side I lay on)

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with me or what kind of specialist I should see for a diagnosis.  I saw a neurologist, but they didn't have any ideas (though they specialized in parkinson's).  

A very new symptom to me (I think...):

Lately I've been experiencing a pressure in my head when I lay down.  I notice this as I try to go to sleep and also as I try to study (with head tilted forward looking over notes).  The pressure wakes me up in my sleep and I turn over to the other side to alleviate the pressure (but the pressure builds after a while as long as I'm laying down).  Stacking more pillows seems to have a positive effect on this for sleeping.  

When looking down, I can't think as clearly (after a while), I become very forgetful, and lose track of what I'm doing.  As I work I feel a pressure behind my eyes.  My eyes have always felt odd / uncomfortable to me.  

Other details about me that aren't recent or concerning to me:

I have the occational involentary eye movement, which I really only notice when I'm looking at the stars (noted this was a symptom related to my current 'hunch' which I will leave out as to not send things the wrong direction).  I often have difficulty walking on uneven ground.  

I've been diagnosed ADD since 1st grade; been off and on stims since then.  It happens off stims too.  
I'm 23.  
Some history of soccer.  
I'm pretty out of shape now, perhaps I should start jogging and see if a stronger heart makes it go away?  
Hello there,
My name is Amber and I have the same symptoms. I also have the moving pressure in my head when laying down. It's worse when I lay on my left side. I also have ringing in my ears and a muffled feeling in ears. Also, chronic neck pain and headaches. Another symptom I have is felling like a banging sound in my head when falling asleep. This feeling is kind of like an electrical feeling like shock and it wakes me up every time I fall asleep. I actually jolt awake and my heart is racing and I'm shaking inside. I think it's anxiety attacks. I read somewhere about the moving pressure in the head is actually the blood flow which makes since because of the tinnitis I have to. They say Tinnitis is actually hearing the blood flow in the head. I was supposed to get an MRI but I chickened out cause MRI's cause cancer to spread if you do have it. Don't know what to do. My doctor can't figure it out and the ENT specialist couldn't tell me what's wrong either. I thought it could be Candida since it started 15 months ago when I was sick and they pumped me full of anti biotics. Antibiotics cause the candida in the body to grow and can cause all kinds of symptoms. If anyone has an idea of what this could be then please post a reply.
Thanks,
Amber
Avatar_dr_m_tn
The most probable causes of your symptoms could be sinusitis , Cluster headaches or a pathology in the brain affecting the occipital region ( back of the head ) that is why you may be experiencing the eye symptoms  . Please go for an MRI brain and consult another neurologist  for diagnosis . Hope this helps you . Take care and regards !
No one has answered my post. (above) can anyone tell me what is going on with me or what possibly could be wrong?
Thanks,
Amberrose30