Neurology Community
My leg feels like it's shrinking

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

My leg feels like it's shrinking

Hi.  I'm having a lot of trouble with my right leg lately.  It feels like it's going to sleep, with the typical pins and needles sensation that lasts for up to 8 days.  The worst part is that after the first few days, as it gets worse, it starts to feel like my leg is shrinking, like both my right hip and ankle are getting pulled toward my knee.  At that point, I also have experienced decreased sensation in my right toes.  Stretching seemed to help before, but it's not doing the trick anymore.  Should I seek medical attention right away?  Is this a symptom of a serious condition?