Neurology Community
My whole body twitches

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

My whole body twitches

I have been on propanolol for mild Essential Tremmors now since 2000 and it was only in my hands that was effected then. As time went on it has moved to my voice box(cuts out while in mid sentence) and some times my whole body. I have had comments from ppl telling me to relax and stop shaking so much..thinking Im nervous. But for the past 3 to 4 yrs I have been experiencing body twitching that is differnet than the tremmors. At first it was hardly noticable. But now my head twitches, my leg from my knee down will twitch, or just my foot will twitch. Sometimes while I am sitting I will notice my foot will curve inward and rest in that postition after having a twitch that will move my leg from my knew on down. This is usually just on my left foot. My twitching also happens on my (aprox in the middle)sides and sometimes at the top of my arms..where it conncets to the shoulders. It is more noticable while sitting, but it has happened while standing. I have broght this up once to a doctor about 1 1/2 yrs ago and he just said I was to young for it to be anything serious...FYI~ I am turning 50 this yr..and thats to young for what??? Could this be parkinson's disease? Help!!!
Hi Wambli, I´m sorry this is happening to you. At first I would go see another doctor, this one is not OK. And I would go see a neurologist. I really don´t know what this can be, but I would not think Parkinson. My aunt has it somehow I don´t think this would fit, but she has a really bad type of it.

But you sure need to get some answers, find a good doctor or neurologist and maybe it would be good to prepare your timeline for how this have developed trough the years. Also mention if there were brake´s at some point. But don´t think the worst, because that can affect your symptoms also and doctors often link things to anxiety. Maybe you´re just low on B12 or something else, so it could be something as plain as that.

Good luck and take care,
Dagun    
Thank you for answering, after I posted this I did a bit of research on here and I have to agree with you, this isnt like how they discribe Parkinson's. So I am even more confused as before. I will seek out a different doctor. I am so tired of twitching, among the other problems I have, this one is most irritating. It truly distrupts a "relaxing" moment.