Neurology Community
Nerve Block Damage

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Nerve Block Damage

I had shoulder surgery on 7/11/08 and have still been having severe nerve problems down my arm and into my thumb. My thumb has pain that is very severe at times and prevents me from even opening a door. The shoulder surgery was for a torn tendon and bone spurs, and once in, the surgeon found severe arthritis that has deteriated my entire right shoulder, now requiring a full shoulder replacement. I have been told that the pain in the my lower arm and thumb are from the Nerve Block I received. Can you advise as to what may have happened?

thanks
David