Neurology Community
Nerve Conduction Test Impression
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Nerve Conduction Test Impression

What does the following impression means?

Sensory neuropathy of the left sural nerve and both superficial peroneal nerves. Mild motor peripheral neuropathy of the left tibial nerve, no evidence of lumbosacral radiculopathy or S1 radiculopathy in this study.  Clinical correlation is suggested.

Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi.

It basically means that the nerve conduction tests detected "possible" nerve conduction abnormalities, among them, decreased sensation on areas innervated by the left sural nerve and both superficial peroneal nerves as well as motor deficiency of areas innervated by the left tibial nerve.  By itself, it means nothing unless correlated with symptoms you are experiencing at present.

Hope this helps.
Blank
It means that you have bilateral sensory neuropathy in your lower extremities more on the right, As on the left the sural sensory nerve is only affected, Sensory neuropathy will give you numbness & tingling in your toes , Some times pins and needles feeling .

You also have a mild neuropathy in your tibial motor nerve , Which passes behind your knee to your ankle , As your neurologist checked your back to via the emg test, He found no problems with your lower back , Otherwise if the MRI states that , Thank you

There is a website that shows sample studies and explains how to read them , its  www.fwaves.com , Thank you
Blank
I have no response in my left tibial motor, and the same in the left superficial peroneal sensory nerve. I have had this for 8 months, after a hip replacement. I I also have RSD, im perusing legal action. I want to know, what went wrong?  Did he cut, or nick a nerve?  He tells the lawyer, he didn't get the EMG, till a couple of weeks ago? So you ordered it over 4 months ago, from a hospital  you work at, and ur just now looking into the findings?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank