Nerve-ending scalp sensitiviy
I have had an inflamed occipital nerve for the last 5 weeks and have been taking strong doses of an anti-seizure medication that I believe is to calm the nerve-endings. The pain has subsided, and I just have a dull ache of the head, neck and scalp. ACtually, my scalp is still very sentitive. I have a question related to coloring my hair. I am concerned that the peroxide and other chemicals in hair color products may irritate the nerve-endings on my scalp. Can you provide any insight?  

anyone out there? It's a silly question, but right now, it's all I have to try to feel better...
Hi! I see that this post was created a while back but I was just wondering if there was any insight gained on this type of issue. I have been also experiencing nerve sensitivity symptoms on te scalp after applying a semi-permanent dye about 4 months ago. My hair has also been thinning all over. I'm sure that the hair dye caused some nerve irritation that has resulted in itchy, burning sensations with feelings of pressure and hair loss. I've seen 5 doctors, taken an MRI scan (clean results) and tried a plethora of topical steroid solutions. I've tried massage therapy, antidepressants and counseling. I can't seem to find a health care provider interested in helping me get to the bottom of this persistent condition without throwing a perscription at me or telling me to "wait it out."

Please, if anyone has any insight or experience with hair dyes causing this type of condition please respond to this post or email me at ********** @ ******.com