Neurology Community
Nerve pain from nerve damge left leg
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Nerve pain from nerve damge left leg

I suffered nerve damage to my lower left leg from my knee to my foot has basicly always been numb. Its all due to a severe knee injury which I tore everything, broke and dislocated my knee and ended up getting a clot in an artery. Thankfully the clot started flapping after a bit because before I was put under I was told that my leg was going to be amputated, so imagine my delight when I woke up and still had two legs. Anyways Ive had problems with my knee over the years, occasionally my left hip as well which both have caused me pain. However just recently and once back in june 08 I started to get severe nerve pain where I have the nerve damage. It starts out like real bad pins and needles, almost like my leg has fallen asleep, that I can bear although its annoying and does hurt. The problem comes when it turns to an intense burning sensation that can last hours, along with this pain my entire leg is starting to hurt more and more. The last time in june I was prescribed lyrica and norco to help with the pain and it helped a little bit. Im wondering if theres anything else that could work better, does anyone have similar pain and if so what do you take for the pain. Its getting to the point some nights where I feel like I gotta go to the hospital it hurts so bad, I dont know what to do at this point. I just had an lumbar MRI to see if I had a pinched nerve or something and my doc said I had something called discourniation, not sure if thats spelled wrong, but it where I have fluid leaking from a lower disc in my back that could be the reason for the pain. Right now Im just looking for different ways of controlling the pain, Im open to anything so if anyone knows of anything that works good for nerve pain please let me know. Take care everyone.