Neurological/brain damage
I want to know what can happen to the brain if there is neurological/brain damage done to it, specifically when taking antipsychotics?

i was taking risperdal and epival when i decided to stop it cold turkey (bad idea!) and i suddenly noticed my sleep was shot, my memory was distorted, and it felt like my brain was working slower as if my i.q. level had gone down. i quickly went back on the meds fearing that this may get worse, but now i'm thinking of slowly getting off of them as these symptoms are persisting and worsening.

can any doctor shed some light on this matter?

thanks,

Azmatic
hi,please don't stop taking drugs unless adviced by the doctor as this may lead to withdrawl side effects.

Do consult the doctor with your present problem, he will either change the drug or alter the dose of drug.Take care!
Cold turkey and anti psychotics can be a BAD idea not only for you, but is innocent bystanders. Your not a postal worker are you?

If you doctor says hey lets see what will happen, they usually try to wing you off the drugs slowly.

I had the same prob, to come off to quick can kill you I did'nt realize that but found out when I tried it.  antipsycotics they also can hurt your heart a real sucky part if you have ever been diagnosed notice you don't get the best medical care  For instance you could complain about your back hurting normally you don't get a xray. If this happens get a different doctor it don't matter if ur called a dr shopper or not find one who cares.