Neurology Community
Not sure where to pose question

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Not sure where to pose question

For the last three years my fiance have been to numerous doctors to try to figure out what is going on with him. His primary care has run a multitude of blood tests and everything has come back normal, she has actually said he is one of the healthest people she has seen. However, for the last three years he has had persistant symptoms of dizziness, muslce tightness and numbness in his forearms and halves and some muscle pain in his chest. When the episodes occur they are sudden onset and begin with dizziness, followed by the tightness and numbness in his forearms and calves, when the thghness begins to subside he get a sharp pain in the same areas, also occuring at the same time is the pain in his chest. August of last year he had surgery to clean out his sinuses and felt alright for two weeks after surgery and then all the symptoms came back. He is still following up with the ENT that performed the surgery, but that doctor has nothing to offer regarding his symptoms either. He has seen a Cardiologist, Neurologist, Alergist and another doctor that did testing on his hearing as well testing to rule of things like virtigo. Every test has come back normal, except the CT scan which showed the infection in the sinuses. Please help we are getting very frustrated at not being able to find the answer to what is going on with him
Biy, you have some interesting questions. You sure made me put on my thinking cap. I have one clue and that is the fact "the symptons disappeared when there was surgury". Was he on an antibiotic during the post-operative period? Dizziness usually comes from a disturbance of the vestibular organs, and a bacterial infection that comes and goes could produce dizziness. It is very difficult to find where these infections hide out. I would keep a bound journal of the episodes. Muscle tightness in fore arms and calf is often a calcium-channel problem, and sometimes is alleviated by drinking a glass or two of milk every day. Quinine varients are sometimes prescried for the muscle cramps.  Sometimes there are two things going on at once. That leaves us with the possibility of (a) an infection co-existing with a secondary problem, namely (b) calcium deficiency. This is just a guess, of course. It is frowned upon, however you might request your physician to give you an antibiotic challange for two weeks. This is contrary to the conventional wisdom, and the antibiotic might not resolve the infection (if there is one).. Physicians don't usually prescribe antibiotics unless there is definitive evidence of infection. Try to get an appointment with an ENT specialist.
Before he has the surgery he was on antibiotics for 30 day at something like 500mg on at least three different occasions to try to reduce the infection. They did not help, he still has inflamation (inflammation) in his siunses and he takes allegra D and nosonex and sees and allergist and the ENT. No one has been able to figure it out. We are just getting frustrated with the entire thing. I am hoping to maybe find a suggestion to take to the doctor and see what they have to say.
?? lyme disease.  A negative test does not rule this out.