Neurology Community
Numb tongue on right side. HELP

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Numb tongue on right side. HELP

This is hard to describe but I will try my best. I am 31 yrs old.
I have endless problems with my right ear, right side of throat, and right side of tongue. I have seen a ent. Have another appt scheduled. Hopefully I can get some answers. Ok, I will explain below. Tongue-goes numb or has weird sensations on the right side for almost 2 weeks now. Does not tingle though. Ear-constantly pops or is a full feeling,ringing at times. Throat-choke on food, gets caught in there somewhere. ENT says its swollen back of tongue. Well that was almost a year ago, why is it still swollen? I'm at my wits end. It's almost as If I just have to deal with it. Hopefully someone can offer me some advice. Thanks  Jen
Did you ever get an answer to this?  I am also a 31 year old female and I have had constant right side ear popping and last night the right side of my jaw hurt and I awoke this morning to my right side of my tongue being strange feeling and then while brushing my teeth i realized the right side of my tongue was completely numb.
I am also feeling somewhat ill and VERY off balance.
Wondering if you ever found out what your deal was.  I found it strange that we are the same age and had exactly the same symptoms.
thanks
- Clare
Hello. I am feeling the same way.My tongue is numb on the right side and I am very off balance. I feel like I am being pulled to the right. I am 23 years old and have never had health problems before. My ears are popping and my throat feels like there is something stuck in it. I have been dealing with this for almost a week now and been to the doctor twice. All of my blood work and CT came back normal. Please let me know if you have found anything out that has helped you, I am so scared and frustrated because I don't have total control of my body. Please Help!
I am 31 and I also have the right side of my tongue numb....I have had blood work done everything normal....I have appoitments to get an MRI and an ECHOcardiogram done too.

I am very worried as I have had bells palsy before and fear the fact of this possibly being MS.
Hi.  I am 25 (female), and have the same things - numb right side of my tongue, problems opening my mouth widely, jaw starting to bulge.  I had lots of orthodontia when I was a kid, and probably over 100 head x-rays.  I have gone a few years without having a cellphone now, and I am 100% sure that the radiation from microwaves, cellphones, and cellphone towers (also wireless modems/internet) is the culprit.  If I stay away from people with cellphones(! I can't even take public transportation), I am mostly fine.  But if I spend any amount of time around or near a cellphone, my mouth stiffens up to the point where I can't even speak properly anymore.  It has obviously really affected my life - I don't even have a job because of this. Move away from cellphone towers, make sure you don't have a wireless-capable modem, and GET RID OF YOUR CELLPHONE.  This will probably help.  Also, colloidal silver (mynaturalhealth.co.nz) might keep you alive.
Did any of you get your thyroid checked... My tongue has been numb off and on for a few months... Went to er.. Nothing they could see.. Since I have went to thyroid dr.. I have nodules on both sides of thyroid... Waiting for results of needle biopsies. I don't know if the nodules are pressing on a nerve but I think it must be related..