Odd Smell
For the last couple of years, sometimes very frequently, sometimes a little less often, I smell something... weird. It's not really a bad smell, it's just that I've never smelled anything like it before, I can't even describe it. It doesn't matter where I am, or who I am with, I'm the only one that can ever smell it, and it is ALWAYS the same indescribably smell. I never thought much of it until now. I've also had a history with pretty bad headaches, but I don't really get them anymore- just once in awhile. And they were/are rarely actually migraines. I can't really speak for the last few years because I can't actually remember, but these last two times (today was the second in about a week), this smell triggers a dull, pounding headache. Should I see a doctor about this? Could this actually be something serious?
Sounds like migraine.
I'm wondering if you ever found out what that was?? I have been having the same sort of feeling -- I smell the strangest smell, chemical-like but yes, hard to describe. Also, persistent headache and ear and neck ache. Just curious to see if you followed up on it.
The smell that I smell right before a full blown migraine, smells like car exhaust. I will be sitting at home and just start smelling this overwhelming smell. I also have noticed strong smells like baking in Dale steak sauce. The smell will get so strong until I start throwing up and my headache will be unbearable. I really need help bad.
I have the same issue with migraines, smells, one ear and one side of my neck and face.  I haven't found much help from doctors but have found that researching Aldehyde (as in formaldehyde) allergies and limiting all foods and products containing it; has made my life more comfortable.  Oh yeah coffee has formaldehyde in it and it gives off toxins while it brews, which is why it triggers the headache when you smell it and drink it!  Good luck to you all! : )