Neurology Community
One Dialated Pupil

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

One Dialated Pupil

About 2 years ago.I was leaning on my left side on my arm laying on my bed watching tv.A bubble felt like it went under my rib and out of no where I felt a sharp pain under my rib and it instantly rushed through the left side of my body from my rib through my chest and arm.I fell over and could not move for about 5 to 10 seconds.Right after I sat up confused and shocked.I went to see a dr. that sent me to a neurologist.The neurologist said he wasnt sure if it was a heart attack or a stroke and that he would need to do a MRI on me.I didnt have money for that.And the neurologist  didnt offer to help in any other way My left pupil sometimes takes over my hole eye and you can barley see the color.I think my left eye also appears to be bigger(more Opened) than my right eye.I sometimes have heart palpatations and have trouble going to the bathroom.Does any one have a idea what this could be from?
You need an MRI. I don't understand this business about "not affording one". They have a truck that goes around that does them for free. And no hospital in the United States would deny you one, though you may get a bill. And an appointment with an opthamological neurologist.
Is there a way I can find out when the truck is in my area?I live in a small town.Thanks
There is a van in the Tri-State area of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. I'm not sure where one would be in your area. They provide free MRI's and then send you a free evaluation plus a computer disc with the images for you to share with your physician.
Hi. I finally got insurance and got the mri. It was done by a very rude indian dr.  He was very quick to come in the room and leave. He didnt even let me finish telling him everything that  was wrong with me. He said it would be enough info for the insurance to approve the mri. I went back in and had the mri done and he said it looked fine. Sometimes I notice my eye stretching and getting even bigger. My head is starting to hurt. I have slurred speech and the left side of my face seems frozen. My hands start falling asleep while I am driving. Things are just getting worse. Do you think a opthamological neurologist would notice something a neurologist wouldnt? Thanks