Neurology Community
Pain & loss of balance
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pain & loss of balance

Can someone please help me? I am a 38 year old male and several months ago several things started to happen around the same time. I got a viral infection in my ear - at first I left it untreated until it got so bad I went to the doctor. I also started getting headaches - behind my one eye and right above the eye along with losing my balance - like if I bent over or turn my head to quickly - I will lose my balance. The doctor prescribed antibotics and water pills to get rid of the fluid in my ears. The ear infection cleared up but the ENT said something in my inner ear was damaged from the infection. I am still suffering from the headaches and vertigo. I have had an MRI and 2 CAT scans to see if I had a sinus problem or something going on in my brain. My tests come back negative. The ENT said there was nothing more he could do. Family doctor and ENT say maybe it just has to clear up on its own. The pain I get around my one eye is so great that it is interfering with my sex life. It feels like my head might explode with pain when I get near the finish. The dizziness has prevented my from working. Now I am scheduled to see a neruologist. I don't know what he will do. Am I on the right track?
Thanks