Pain/Numbness in hand
I had surgery two and a half years ago to relieve what was diagnosed as Carpal Tunnel.  I had suffered from the symptoms for over 10 years.  Though I did not have Carpal Tunnel according to the nerve tests, I had all the symptoms to include, pain, numbness, shooting pains up to my right shoulder, and loss of use when picking up heavy objects.  I have never been 100% since the surgery and went back 3 months ago when problems increased.  Again, a EMG was completed showing "normal".  I was referred to a neurologist for an MRI to consider brain disease or nerve problems.  The MRI showed only a herniated disc that was NOT pressing on any nerves and could not be the culprit.  

I am at a complete loss and in misery with my hand.  I type 8 hours a day and am having extreme difficulty.  My hand is most painful in the middle area of the palm with what I am sure is tendonitis in my thumb and wrist.  I can no longer pick up or hold heavy objects in my right hand.  

I have found by accident, that on the nights that I take a pescribed tranquilizer - Lorazapam 1 mg - for stress, that my symptoms are not as bad in the morning.

What is wrong with me?
Hi...sounds similar.....I was told I had tarsal tunnel (ankle) and had surgery...found out after I had more issues that I never had it.
Turns out I have chiari malformation, cervical spinal stinosis, and DDD, and more....

I suggest depending on when ur Brain MRI was done to review the films and the report...if u do not have copies request them.

If it was a yr or more ago have them redone w/wo contrast....and get copies.

Too many drs consider chiari an incidential finding on MRI's and sometimes do not make note of it on the reports.

I am not saying u have this, only that the "normal" report can be wrong...radiologists can make mistakes...there is something going on....maybe it is something that was missed.

Good luck
"selma"
Thanks for your input - I just had the MRI with contrast last Friday and was told the results yesterday.  I did not see the films myself though the neurologist looked at the films in another room while I was there.  

I have an appointment back with my regular physician who will be given the findings of the neurologist (they are in the same medial center).  I will look up all the information I can find on your diagnosis and have plenty of questions next week at my appointment.

Hope things are going well for you now that you have a diagnosis.  We sound like a minor episode for "House".

Lorelei