Pain and burning sensations in feet and hands feel hot to the touch and very red
I have pain and burning in both of my feet. This has been going on for several years but getting worse.They turn very red and hot like a severe sunburn and then start in with intense burning if they aren't constantly kept at a cool temp. This means flip flops and sandals most of the time. No socks in the winter and I live in the Midwest! I have had a diagnosis of erythromelalgia but my dr has not found a cause. I honestly think he has given up. My daily routine includes keeping home very cool, barefoot when I can (I am a real estate agent so I do have to wear shoes occasionally) soaking feet in cool water. Sleep with fan blowing on feet then still have to get up during night to put cold packs on them to get back to sleep. I also have this starting in my hands. Does anyone else have any ideas of what this could be or what other treatments are available? My dr just says to treat the symptoms as I have been. He put me on Lyrica but didn't help at all. Any imput would be greatly appreciated.
I get a very intense burning/itchy sensation on my palms and feet with no related colour change and it usually happens when my hands or feet move from warmth 2 coldness and the only way 2 remedy it is 2 quickly get my hands warm again. It lasts a few minutes and is unbearable and I've had it 4 as long as I can remember but lately though the itching lingers on 4 hrs after I have rewarmed my hands/feet. My hands and feey r not dry or cracked, I constantly moisturise, I drink plenty of water.   What is wrong with me.