Neurology Community
Pain in thigh and sensitive to touch - help?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

43 female.

Past few weeks have had:

Both legs aching for 5-6 days.

A few episodes of sudden dizziness.

"Vertigo" when I get up and walk down the hall and happens when I reach the elevator. Feels like everything is moving, sort of dizzy.

Since yesterday I have pain in my front left thigh in one area. Now it is painful to touch it even lightly...like a burning sensation when I touch the area.

Sometimes I feel a pain in my upper left arm as well on the left side of the arm.

All of these things are highly unusual for me.

Does anyone know what this could be?

Thank you!
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there .You need to show yourself to a surgeon for investigation of deep venous thrombosis. Are you on oral contraceptive pills,  immobile for long, or any recent trauma?  a venography study, Doppler scan of vessels in the leg need to be done to detect any blockade and possible embolisation in the brain. These would help in diagnosis and prompt therapy. Middle ear diseases, tumor in the temporal region also need to be ruled out. Take care.

Thank you (I think) Doctor for your quick reply. I am not on BC pills, I had the flu recently (started 6 days or so after the leg aches began), and I have been sitting probably too much for a few months.  I am seeing a doctor tomorrow morning and they will run blood tests at that time as well. Gosh I hope it isn't something like that - DVT did cross my mind... Thank you.
I went to the doctor (a P.A.) and she wasn't too concerned with this leg pain. This morning it wasn't as bad...but the sensitivity is back again now. She said I could have hurt it (but I know I didn't) or a  muscle strain. She said the location of it didn't concern her and she didn't see any redness or swelling. She said if it continues into next week to let her know.

???  

Nevertheless, I did have an EKG also and that came back a little screwy (I've been also having palpitations), so she will be looking at my blood tests for clues on that (thyroid etc.), and if nothing referral to a cardiologist?

Do you have any comments to add?

Thank you, Dr. Sharma. :)