Periferal neuropathy
What causes periferal neuropathy? what will make it go way? can you take anything other than Lyrica (weight gain problem)? Without the 325mg og lyrica /day my feet and legs do the pins and needls so much i can't stand it, can't sleep, can't think.... I am having head aches Do you think adding the Topamax will help with the head aches?
I just posted about my neuropathy pain.  I am also on Lyrica.  It is the only thing that keeps me going without going crazy.  I also have it in my hands and the Lyrica doesn't do much for them.  I haven't had headaches (knock on Wood), but can emphatize with you on the other.  What type doctor prescribed your Lyrica?  I saw my podiatrist when this all started, although I knew it was chemo induced, because I also have diabeties and needed the assurance that it was not from that.  He has advised that I see a neurologist to get a better grasp on my hands.  
I have neuropathy of my feet all the way up to my knees and now in my hands and in one spot on my face, i was an undiagnosed diabetic for YEARS!!!! I know that pain all to well. I suffered years w/o any meds ( started when i was 21 and I am 47 now) I started on Tramadol and codeine together 5 yrs ago and 4 days ago Topamax was added. I also have a mirad  of other auto immune conditions ( fibro etc) The Topomax has helped quite a bit with the fibro I was having a HUGE flare in my left wrist and hand and I feel no pain what so ever in it now. It has helped with the neuropathy too but it feels kinda strange it makes my feet feel heavy!! but the tingling and burning isnt so bad. I am only on 25mgs at night for the first week adding 25 more each week till I get up to 200. I do feel fuzz headed and there is memory loss and weight loss already 4 lbs in (3 full days) But i can stand to lise the weight (5'5 at now 194 lbs)  I just dont like the memory loss I already have fibro fog.  I cant take lyrica because I had a bad reaction to Gabapentin and they are basically the same ingredient.
what do Topamax and lyrica do to the body and nerves?  I'm diabetic and have numbness in my feet and think the nerves are damaged