Pins and needles for 3 weeks
Hello, I have been experiencing pins and needles, on and off for 3 weeks now. It woke me up at 2 am one morning, and now comes and goes, varying in intensity. It started in my left hand, went away for 1 day after a chiropractic adjustment, came back worse the next day and spread through my left arm, I have felt it on and off in my left leg too. It had gone away for two days this week, but is back again.
I am usually a healthy 34 year old female. I did have surgery on a haematoma 5 days prior to the pins and needles starting. I am stressed about the tingling, now have mouth ulcers and a massive cold sore on my lip. Have been to my doctor and had bloods done, all came back fine. Am very scared about it being early signs of MS, have not experienced any other symptoms.
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed description of the symptoms or a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include infections, inflammations, neurological causes such as nerve impingement, neuropathies, micronutrient deficiencies etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by an internist initially and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!