Neurology Community
**Please help**

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

**Please help**

Hi all Nmaes Rach im 32 yrs old from south wales uk

For the past 2 years ive suffered dizzy spells, spongey feet feeling, panic attacks.. blurred vision,My eye also drooped.
Last november i got rushed to hospital as i was dehydrated and very sick.. turns out i had the start of urine retention..
In andout of hospital with kidney infections all over xmas..
Jan 08 My bladder went into complete retention with no explanation as to why??
I then started to experience numbness  in my right side... figers and toes/foot back of neck was slightly numb with pins and needles down my spine? I went to see my urologist who thought it could be MS so sent me to see Neuro..
March 08 i had Urodynamics testing .. found out my bladder was not contracting ans told i had neurogenic bladder?
April 08 .. Saw my neurologist for 1st time , he did the usual exam ... pin ***** testing, reflexes etc.. he said i had babinski foot and no feeling in parts of body..had to have MRI
June 08 took a turn for the worst i started to get spasms in my body.. my arms and right leg mainly .. managed to cope with it but after a few days i noticed my right foot turning in.. had a job to walk..had to use a stick to get about  .My husband would wake me as the spasms were bad too ..Then bam! my foot went into complete spasm turned in and if i lifted it off floor it would shake like mad i had no control over it.It was very painful.
I went back to Neuro who put me in baclofen.
MRI results came back normal so Neuro dont think its MS,Says i had a one off neurological episode???
Where do i go from here?

I am always sooo tierd...
Still cant void so i have to self cath 5-6 times a day.
Still got numbness and pins and needles.
Still got spasms.

HELP......

bump
First of all sorry for my English....As I read this I can found many simmilarity with my case...I have similar problems for more than 5 years now, For long time i Got only discomfort small pain from my lower right side but after a while I got Kidney infection Doctors found E.coli bacteria it was treat with antibiaotics for 2-3 weeks.My kidney was fine but discomfort in bladder was still there,Than my lower back pain start and I have a lot of fevers and after a while  I got Infection of my Testicles. I was treat again with antibiotics....But It was better but never like beafore...I always feel tired and sometimes I did feel pain in my spine...I read that E. coli can start to be resistant on many Antibiotics and start to spread and attack other organs in your body....Now I feel better but still is not great...Try to drink a lot of Cranbery juice and buy D-mannose sugar that will clean your bladder...I wish you all the best if you need any help ask.....Bye

Thanks for writing in.
It is important to rule out other neurological causes like motor neuron disease which can be upper or lower motor neuron disease. Presence of babinski’s reflex and neurogenic bladder raise the suspicion of spinal cord injury.
Other cause that needs to be excluded is peripheral neuropathy which can occur due to nerve damage, diabetes or B12 deficiency.
Please discuss these possibilities with your treating doctor. Take care!

Thanks for replying DrNoopur

My nan had motor neuron desease .. so maybe worth looking into
If i had spinal cord injury would that not show up on MRI? I had a car accident back 5 years ago but im sure i would have noticed this sooner?

Thanks again

Rachy x