Postherpetic Neuralgia
I am a 54 yr old male in generally good health, but have been having consistent pain in the left pectoral area for 2 years.  After tests from cardiologists, pulmonoligists, gastroenterologists - all of their tests have come up negative.
My GP believes I have Postherpetic Neuralgia (PHN), although I've never had any outward signs of shingles on my skin.

Dr put me on Gabapentin for the last month, and I'm using Zosterix/Capsaisin cream 3 times per day.
The pain is usually like a nagging muscle ache, but sometimes I get sharp, stabbing, electric-shock like pains in the chest.

Has anyone else had a similar set of symptoms?  If so - how were you treated and what was your outcome?
What is your pain like?  Are there other treatments that anyone has seen successful?
I'm trying to validate the diagnosis, and get some treatment for PNH.  Thanks for your help.