Neurology Community
Prominent Hemangioma In The L3 Vertebral Body

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Ok, so I seem to be in the same boat as alot of others here. I was injured at work 5 weeks ago. I had shoulder injury as well as a extreme amount of pain in my lower back, down my legs, have had a hard time urinating at times, have trouble sleeping, standing, walking. Cannot seem to get out of pain. I had a MRI an the results only show a Prominent Hemangioma In The L3 Vertebral Body. That is directely from the report. Now from the images is covers 3/4 of that particular vertebrae. I am going to see a neurosurgeon next week, as I have been told that it will probably have to be removed because of the size and the amount of pain it is causing. My question is could my accident have cause irritation to the vertebrae which cause the pain to start? Thank you in advance.
I would say yes if you have had no problems before this. How did you hurt you back at work? Hope all goes well during your surgery and that no permanent damage was done. There is a chart on my profile that has the nerves vertebra and what they control that may help you to understand the symptoms you are having. Best of luck to you.

Sissie
Hi thank you for responding to my question. I am a delivery driver. We were loading a 27 cu ft refriderator into our delivery van. We were leaning it back into the van I lost my grip and it feel on top of me pinning me in the hinge area of the back door.
Ouch, just reading that makes my spine throb, Make sure before you have the surgery to ask about any long term effects. Once you have had anything done to your disk it causes stability problems with the rest of your spinal column raising the risk of damaging other disk and nerves on top of causing scar tissue arthritis and all the other fun stuff. A good surgeon will go over every option. I didn't ask about long term when I had mine I was in too much pain to be coherent.  If I had I would have chosen a different surgery. Best of luck to you.

Sissie
Thank you again. It has been a very painful experience. I am going to a excellent surgeon. I have heard very good things and also read alot of good reviews. I am looking forward to get the surgery over with and start the recovery for no more pain. I will be sure to ask a lot of questions. Thanks again!!!!
Your welcome, Good luck on your surgery and recovery.

Sissie